Why are people LEAVING Bulgaria?

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Hippyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Hippyboy » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:29 pm

Fair point houseman , I think this where the 'unfortunate' would come in , as it would with health . Norman , I too failed to predict the recession , and , for that matter , the fact that the pound would drop against the Euro/Lev and not really pick up again . I've also failed miserably to progress my renovations at anything like the speed i would like to have done and to have learnt the Bulgarian language to the level to which I aspire . Obviously I have managed to cover some of the other items , and I'm still here . My first post yesterday merely said "...so I guess that most of those leaving failed on at least one of the above ," , and people have taken that as meaning that they are per-se 'failures' . I don't think that failing to see the recession coming makes you a failure , but nevertheless most people failed to anticipate it . Many people 'fail' their driving test , but pass it next time , it doesn't make them 'failures' . Anyhow I think its quite healthy to recognise your failings , and try to do better next time . Tim .

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shebry » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:05 am

Tim, you write
Anyhow I think its quite healthy to recognise your failings , and try to do better next time . Tim .

What next time I ask
Many people who have returned, have not had or did not want a second chance for the various reasons stated in this topic

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
qwerty
Super User!
Super User!

Postby qwerty » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:03 pm

Someone on the last page of this topic asked "How do we know people are leaving Bulgaria, if it wasnt for reading this forum I wouldnt know."

That made me think, actually in my village I'm the first full time resident (There's plenty of Brit owners, but they are seldom here) and in the one year I've been here two more Brit full timers have since come along.

In my friends neighboring villages the amount of Brit full timers has increased also, so just to collect the evidence from 3 villages in the VT. region the Brit population is actually increasing!!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
siddy
Super User!
Super User!

why are people leaving bg

Postby siddy » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:20 pm

Most of you seem to be of the opinion that all of us who left BG did so for financial reasons.
I left two years ago and last week i was in Spain and bumped into two couples who had left for the same reasons that we did. None of us left because of money.
One of the couples had taken a £50.000 hit on his house and he was driving round in a £150.000 American Moto Home.
The other couple took us to their beautiful apartment in Estepona.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
B52
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby B52 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:24 pm

qwerty said...
Someone on the last page of this topic asked...

It was me qwerty and thanks for augmenting my comment (siddy, too).

It is true, in our village no one has left to return to the UK and over the last couple of months, we have hosted at least eight people who are planning on moving to Bulgaria.

Perhaps we are off topic as we don’t know anyone leaving ;)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
walkage
Super User!
Super User!

Postby walkage » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:29 pm

Siddy - well your friends obviously have money so maybe Bg was too basic for them..however luckly they have a mobile home so the Spanish authorities can't demolish their home. :D
Happy here in Bg potholes and all....

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
booboo
Super User!
Super User!

Re: why are people leaving bg

Postby booboo » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:50 am

siddy wrote:Most of you seem to be of the opinion that all of us who left BG did so for financial reasons.
I left two years ago and last week i was in Spain and bumped into two couples who had left for the same reasons that we did. None of us left because of money.
One of the couples had taken a £50.000 hit on his house and he was driving round in a £150.000 American Moto Home.
The other couple took us to their beautiful apartment in Estepona.

Are you missing the point? It was why are people leaving Bulgaria, and your offer was some other people you bumped into left for the "SAME reasons as us." Good, lets not veil it to thick eh? Jeez

Did you leave because you spoke/speak too vaguely and Bulgarians like a more direct approach?

:roll: :roll: :twisted:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
flowers

Postby flowers » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:42 am

here here walkage,,
i love it potholes and all ,can't wait to sell my house here in the uk and retire there,
waited seven years now my pensionhas kicked in well bring it on,,
the people i know who returned to uk was financial reasons just didn;t have any money to servive on,
i can't think why anyone would want to leave bulgaria the quality of life is so much better than here in the uk, its most peoples dream to live in the country and have live stock and grow there own crops,,
i never know what day it is when i'm in bulgaria and you know what it doesn't matter,,,,, bring it on

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Hippyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Hippyboy » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:44 am

Good point booboo . Maybe the Brits around weren't on the same tele-kinetic wavelength , let alone the Bulgarians . Mind you , there seems to be a fair lack of comprehension on this thread recently . To reiterate we fail at things all the time , such as , I failed to wake up on time this morning , or I failed to get a good crop of tomatoes ; but this doesn't make us failures . Failures , in my book , are people who consistently fail at most things they attempt to do . So my original and much misinterpreted statement "I guess that most of those leaving failed to cover at least one of the above " could be translated as 'they didn't manage to get everything right , or had a bit of bad luck' . And Shebry when I said "Anyhow , I think its quite healthy to recognise your failings , and try to do better next time ." this is a general statement , akin to 'learning from ones mistakes' , not specifically suggesting that those leaving will attempt to return to Bulgaria in the future , but more that they could learn from the experience and maybe have greater success with whatever they attempt to do in the future . Having said that , many of those leaving didn't want to , so some , particularly those who still have a house in Bulgaria , may try to give it another go after raising some more funds or dealing with health or family matters , and I wish them luck . Tim .

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Norman-D-Beeches
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Norman-D-Beeches » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:43 am

OK; lets say that there are people, relatively few in number, who are leaving, and for a variety of reasons.

It's time to end discussing semantics, and jumping on poor old Tim for his, possibly injudicious use of the word, 'failure', and move to a thread about the reasons why those of us who are staying, are determined to remain in this wonderful country.

Norman D. :smt109

Return to “General Discussion”