Should Bulgaria become a Monarchy again ?

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mickthemick

Should Bulgaria become a Monarchy again ?

Postby mickthemick » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:45 am

What a night last night. We were in a Bulgarian bar when this subject was bought up. Although we could not understand everything been said due to the lanuage barrier, the topic seemed to cause a near riot. Here it is -

Should post Communist Bulgaria restore the Monarchy abolished by the 1946 referendum ?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:55 am

Didn't we already try this with Simeon?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
marymo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby marymo » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:49 pm

There should be no monarchies anywhere. No one is entitled to privilage and status and political power just because of the womb they emerged from.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
owain
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby owain » Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:53 pm

I thought Boyko was already the King :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:50 pm

marymo wrote:There should be no monarchies anywhere. No one is entitled to privilage and status and political power just because of the womb they emerged from.

sadly, communism failed in 1989 whilst the class system appears alive and well in almost every other society

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mickw
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mickw » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:17 pm

marymo wrote:There should be no monarchies anywhere. No one is entitled to privilage and status and political power just because of the womb they emerged from.

Correct, powerful leaders should be democatcly voted in. Just like the idiots in power now thoughout Europe.

Mick :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
marymo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby marymo » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:27 pm

Ah,but Mick, it all depends on whose version of democracy you are looking at...it has to be the most abused word in the dictionary. I don't see democracy at all if the most powerful have full control over all aspects of the media. I also don't see democracy where you get less votes than the other guy....Bush...and still you are the winner.
But still I do not see what role a monarchy could play in a democratic state.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
bulldoggeorge
<b>Property Sales/Rentals</b>

Postby bulldoggeorge » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:40 pm

In your opinion.
Because you are not in a position of "privilege and status and political power" as you so delicately phrase it "because of the womb you emerged from. Therefore you can not pass such thoughts into law.
Like it or not the womb one emerges from will dictate who you are and what you become.
The chances and opportunities between a person borne to an educated and caring mother and one born, for example to a single african mother in a remote settlement will never be equal.
I don't usually bother with the subjective posts here but this glib posting is just pointless

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
jinx57
<b>Property Finder</b>

Postby jinx57 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:06 pm

should Bulgaria restore its Monarchy? not a chance the Bortsi would never allow it!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
marymo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby marymo » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:45 pm

Bulldoggeorge
well obviously its my opinion....thats why I write it. You have another opinion that fine. But subjective, objective....does'nt really matter I think....again my opinion...that the Bulgarians are way to smart to support a monarchy.
I mean who in thier right mind would support a monarchy. You'd have to be really daft.

Return to “General Discussion”