Smoking CANNABIS in Bulgaria. What is the law

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mickthemick

Smoking CANNABIS in Bulgaria. What is the law

Postby mickthemick » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:57 pm

Anyone know how liberal the law is, or isn't, regarding smoking cannabis in Bulgaria? In the summer we had bin liners of the stuff growing in our garden. We had some friends over who spent all week picking the stuff and getting 'stoned'. (shame they did'nt pick all the weeds as well) Does Bulgaria have a relaxed attuide if you pick your own?

:weedman: :weedman: :weedman: :smt033 :smt033 :smt033

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
spantrout
Super User!
Super User!

Postby spantrout » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:11 pm

15yrs cultivation and supply

3-5yrs for personal

= the same for possesion of paraphanalia, bongs pipes seeds etc

chances are ur friend didn't get stoned off the wild stuff, no thc in it!!!!!, it's more akin to hemp, basically good for making rope, not much else!

that doesn't mean it doesn't go on hahahha

this is what is written in statute, in practice wouldn't like to say

Edited: the deleted sentence by PM only, not on the open forum! Thanks. Mod 8O
Last edited by spantrout on Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Re: Smoking CANNABIS in Bulgaria. What is the law

Postby brianj42 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:12 pm

mickthemick wrote:Anyone know how liberal the law is, or isn't, regarding smoking cannabis in Bulgaria? In the summer we had bin liners of the stuff growing in our garden. We had some friends over who spent all week picking the stuff and getting 'stoned'. (shame they did'nt pick all the weeds as well) Does Bulgaria have a relaxed attuide if you pick your own?

The law as far as I know is quite strict, especially for bin liners full. You also run the risk of being "fingered" by jealous neighbours. Saying that, I do know someone who is growing around 200 plants in his village garden and the local copper is in on the deal......

There was a news article last year about an expat on the Black Sea with hundreds of plants in his garden, can't find the article.

There is this one: http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=113320

I know one thing, I wouldn't like the thought of spending time in a Bulgarian prison :cry:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:32 pm

brianj42 wrote:
mickthemick wrote:Anyone know how liberal the law is, or isn't, regarding smoking cannabis in Bulgaria? In the summer we had bin liners of the stuff growing in our garden. We had some friends over who spent all week picking the stuff and getting 'stoned'. (shame they did'nt pick all the weeds as well) Does Bulgaria have a relaxed attuide if you pick your own?

The law as far as I know is quite strict, especially for bin liners full. You also run the risk of being "fingered" by jealous neighbours. Saying that, I do know someone who is growing around 200 plants in his village garden and the local copper is in on the deal......

There was a news article last year about an expat on the Black Sea with hundreds of plants in his garden, can't find the article.

There is this one: http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=113320

I know one thing, I wouldn't like the thought of spending time in a Bulgarian prison :cry:

There is a thread somewhere about a man in Varna that got (I think) 7 years or the option to pay a large fine for his freedom. I think he got done under the cultivation and street value, but memory is not certain. Plus, I'm sure that there must be an existing thread about grass too.

My own village hit the headlines a couple of years ago where two Burgas Brothers had a factory going with 'highly sophisticated equipment' in use.

As for me, I get loads of Hemp growing and some, out of sight, I leave, but I can never find any good female species frown where I understand, proper weed is processed. Still. I have chewed the odd leaf now and again and it hasn't done me any harm as I'm still as tough as old rope. :lol:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:36 pm

If you type cannabis into the Quick Search above, there are several results reporting news articles and it growing wild in members gardens, but nothing specific on the strength of the law in BG which is why we have left this topic to continue.

Mod 8)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
spantrout
Super User!
Super User!

Postby spantrout » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:50 pm

another 550 plant factory in novi pazar (within last month)

www.novatv.bg/news/Wrecked-biggest-cannabis-farm-in-country

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:06 pm

PM hippyboy he should give you an answer. :lol: :lol: :lol:

8) 8) 8)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Pascalcho

Postby Pascalcho » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:43 pm

brianj42 wrote:I know one thing, I wouldn't like the thought of spending time in a Bulgarian prison :cry:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Hippyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Hippyboy » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:59 am

Oh yeah banjo , I can't imagine why you think that !!! But as it goes I think its frowned upon , but not very seriously ; unless you get done for it . There are teenagers in my village that openly smoke and sell 'weed' , and the local 'bobby' is well aware , and does nothing about it ; in fact I wouldn't be surprised if he has a puff himself . I've overheard professionals (jobs that is ) talking in the bar about the relative quality and know of Bulgarians that cultivate it for themselves ; what's new ? Having said that , smoking weed doesn't seem to be very widespread in Bulgaria , and at Kavarna Rock Festival it isn't very prevalent . From a personal point of view , the notion that it should be illegal in any country is completely absurd , as its probably far less harmful than the legal alcohol that is destroying my body , but governments like to control people , and people that smoke weed are far more likely to rebel against the system than those that drink alcohol; so they ban it ! Nuff said , Tim .

Return to “General Discussion”