Help needed: House burnt down

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

PosabinaPete

Help needed: House burnt down

Postby PosabinaPete » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:37 pm

sorry mod if this is on the wrong place.
Last night my friends house burnt down. all she and her two boys have left are the clothes they stand up in. Alison is a very good friend of ours, all I am asking is that you look at this link http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/147681321972309/ and get in touch with Gemma. Brianj42 I am begging you to do your best to get this family sorted.
Thank you. Pete

brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:44 pm

Pete, what exactly are they in need of. I have been following this all day on Facebook and BIB but there seems to be so many different bits of info from different people its gotten rather confusing as to Alisons precise needs.

Can you tell us what help she needs and then hopefully we can rally round and help.

You have helped me many times without question when the shout went up, so I trust your judgement on this one.

I believe they have temp accomodation sorted out, so we need to say exactly what they need and thats what we'll aim at sorting.

Brian

1abroad

Postby 1abroad » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:02 am

The most urgent need is for clothing for Alison and her 2 boys aged 10 and 11. The top of the house has gone along with all the things that are kept upstairs. The bottom part of the house has water damage and at the moment its not clear how much can be salvaged from this area, but its not looking too hopeful. The boys have also lost the things that 10 and 11 year olds play with as most of these items were upstairs. Some pics of the damage are now on FB.

brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:33 am

I suppose anyone who is within travelling distance can take their items direct, but to where ? Drop off person/point needed.

I know there is a VT collection going on already so that one is in hand. Someone has organised a collection point in Vt at the childens play area upstairs from CBA, next to mcdonalds. a girl called nelly.

As the rest of people are so widespread across BG the only other oportunity is a parcel. Do we have an address to send parcels ?

dje

Postby dje » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:05 am

I could well have a few clothes for Alison - sizes 12 to 14 - would they be any use? Could someone let me know if they would be suitable?

I would also need an address to post them to.

Thanks

brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:19 am

She is 14-16 in clothes and the boys are 1.3m and 1.5 mtr.

I am chasing a postal address

brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:37 am

I now have an address. For many reasons I can't post it on here so if you have a parcel to go......please.......pm me for the address.

Please DON'T put money in it ! In BG this is about as safe as an Iranian Nuclear scientist in Tehran

leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:49 am

Not only the family is affected, the old Bulgarian living next door is also burnt out. Quoted from facebook..

Granddad, has lost everything we watch him at 87 years old, go through some of the items that were cleared from the house. A pair of shoes were sat amongst the debris, Crying he told us that he could clean them up, they were soaked and filled with ash, the inner soles were loose.. but they were his shoes, and one of the only things that were not totally destroyed... I tell you people I saw these shoes... they had been destroyed. His savable belonging were... a small crate of walnuts, potatoes, onions and 2 small bottle of home made wine... which he offered for those helping.

That made me cry.

brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:09 pm

Absolute heartbreak.

I'm sure that Gemma who is taking the postal parcels will be more than happy to pass on anything that is sent for granddad too ???

varnagirl
Super User!
Super User!

Postby varnagirl » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:52 pm

that made me cry as well Lee
is there a collection point in varna , does anyone know ??

Return to “General Discussion”