Are more Brits leaving than arriving?

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
M9
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Are more Brits leaving than arriving?

Postby M9 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:46 am

Bumped into an Estate Agent who showed us some properties when we where initially looking at moving to Bulgaria, during a chat over a coffee he said he was being contacted by Brit Ex-Pats regarding selling their properties but sales to Brit Ex-Pats had fallen,he stated that many of his associates were saying the same. Other Nationalities were still keeping him busy but he posed the question as to why this was happening?

Is this actually the case?

If so any ideas as to why?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mdewey

Postby mdewey » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:54 am

I think you'll find it's probably due to the fact that the Brits/Irish are mostly interested in real estate speculation for profits, whereas other nations more interested in buying for lifestyle/ 'keeper' holiday home.

Also other cannier nationalities stayed away during the 'bubble years' and are now reaping the rewards of their patience.

Same effect now being seen in London - foreign speculators no longer buying due to disappearance of potential for quick gains. Locals not able to afford. Crash time.

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
nu2bg
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Re: Are more Brits leaving than arriving?

Postby nu2bg » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:31 pm

M9 wrote:Bumped into an Estate Agent who showed us some properties when we where initially looking at moving to Bulgaria, during a chat over a coffee he said he was being contacted by Brit Ex-Pats regarding selling their properties but sales to Brit Ex-Pats had fallen,he stated that many of his associates were saying the same. Other Nationalities were still keeping him busy but he posed the question as to why this was happening?

Is this actually the case?

If so any ideas as to why?

In a word YES!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:00 pm

Brits are fickle. Influenced by whatever nonsense they have seen on the Idiot Box.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:11 pm

I am not selling I just fly out to BG when I feel like it best of both worlds, I do not rent out my apt and never will and I would never sell my home in the UK or rent that out.

Just spoken to SID and the reply was a lot of Brits are visiting Bulgaria and deciding if they wish to buy or not. 8) 8)

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
premierboy
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby premierboy » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:18 pm

Think a lot of brits run out of money and run back to uk with there tail between there legd

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:13 pm

mdewey wrote:.

Same effect now being seen in London - foreign speculators no longer buying due to disappearance of potential for quick gains. Locals not able to afford. Crash time.

You jest surely? London prices continue to be irrationally spectacular

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:27 pm

There are some differences between these two property markets.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scanniaman
Penny Pincher

Postby scanniaman » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:02 pm

Now living near Kavarna I've hardly noticed any Brits for a long time. For investment purposes go London....to enjoy the returns go Bg and forget the rat race !

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:42 am

Some were misguided enough to see property in Bulgaria as a way to make money. The delusion that property values inevitably go upwards has led to many disappointments. Bulgaria can be a nice place to live in, although it is not for everyone.

Unlike many, I went to Bulgaria with my work. I stayed for longer than I expected, learned the language and fathered two children.

So it goes !

Return to “General Discussion”