how low will the pound go ?

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:01 pm

Nick1 wrote:Oh dear how sad for mat
:

Indeed. Fortunately its only a small part of my assets and I'm currently being paid in dollars so I reckon in about 5 years I'll make it back from the currency differential on that side.

Nick1

Postby Nick1 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:29 am

Good for you mat if you get your money back.
yes flags i had a flutter on Leicester winning the title,but i did leave it a bit late,so not much of a pay back

as for Elvis for me that is money down the drain, Elvis is long dead and buried he loved the limelight and himself to much to just vanish off the face of the earth for all this time.

troyan
Super User!
Super User!

Postby troyan » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:30 am

sterling has taken another beating this week now less than 2.2 lev

BG nationals will be able to go on cheap holidays to the UK soon

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:49 am

Just ordered a few lev from post office at 1.99 but flight price from luton to varna was only 35 pounds it's all relative I will be back in varna next week . But I do think the pound will sink faster than shark sh .t 8)

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:58 am

Expect cheap package holidays in Blackpool for Bulgarians soon. Brits will be complaining about drunken Bulgarian tourists.

alfandalma

Postby alfandalma » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:11 am

I would like to know WHY the rate can change because the UK hasn't left the EU and current import/export is the same as it was before the vote. Some will say it is because investors have been put off but that has been proved not to be the case with large conglomerates investing. I wonder if this is a deliberate ploy by the anti leave Theresa May instructing the bank of England, to get the leaver voters to join the remain for another vote. Nothing politicians do surprises me

Billgaria
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Billgaria » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:12 pm

Seems to me like a definite case of exchange rate fixing by bent bankers

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:14 pm

Governments do not fix the exchange rate. Bankers and other do speculate on rates though.
Last edited by scot47 on Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Varnaite

wha wha

Postby Varnaite » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:37 pm

was down to 2.17 today in varna lowest ive seen for a while sure it will return thjough maybe even to the heady heights of last summers 270
i wish

alfandalma

Postby alfandalma » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:29 pm

It is media hype and banks taking advantage. The $ has increased against all currencies, the £ against the Ugandan Shilling (example) has actually increased from prior Brexit to now.
Bankers are all crooked working in a crooked environment.

Return to “General Discussion”