Disposal of TV

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
houseman
Super User!
Super User!

Disposal of TV

Postby houseman » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:36 am

We have a 10 year old working telly which we need to dispose of, preferably not in a dumpster. Location Varna area. Any suggestions? Does BG have any official recycling culture?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MIK_bg
Super User!
Super User!

Postby MIK_bg » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:50 pm

Take it to a local bazar.

But usually tv sets are unloaded in the nearest forest. Best if the area is protected.
My collection of picture of spontaneous dumpsters is huge.

Probably better in big cities...I hope. But anyway CRT televisions without digital decoder are probably pointless today.

There is surely part of population who recycles with probably in mind only the economic gain so their ecology sensibility can be quite unpredictable.

Then there is the moral stigma second hand=poverty, and when you can access to easy credit you probably wont shopping to second hand shops. In fact there was two shops here...one second clothing and the other second hand appliances, fornitures etc...they both failed.

No much interest...apart 2nd/3rd/4th/and so on cars..

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Billgaria
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Billgaria » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:02 pm

I'm sure some one on here will take it off your hands

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
houseman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby houseman » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:16 pm

Thank you both; we have now found an old lady who didn't have any sort of tv who now thinks it's her birthday and Christmas combined! I hope her son can sort out how to get a picture from it without a digi-box.
We are constantly reminded of Bulgaria's tolerance of unofficial dumping. Anywhere off the main street seems fair game for all sorts of rubbish, and when cats sense something edible inside a black bag, the stuff is all over the place in no time.
It looks like the regime are trying to fulfil some sort of EU directive about providing recycling bins, but only today we found a local man filling a green bin with empty 10L water bottles.
They have a lot of educating to do!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
troyan
Super User!
Super User!

Postby troyan » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:33 pm

ha ha houseman I got my water bottles from the bin in Sofia in February,spotted a bloke throwing them away then when the coast was clear rescued the bottles and filled them on the way back through Teteven

Bins in Troyan are systematically recycled before the binmen get there.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:53 pm

There are a number of electronics recycling companies that have certain days when they wait by the side of the road with a truck and take the e-waste. Have a look on the min of environment's website or your local municipality. I choose to believe they don't just put them in a container and dump them in China....

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
troyan
Super User!
Super User!

Postby troyan » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:12 pm

Recent figures show Bulgarians are the lowest consumers by a long way in Europe, they are 50% below the norm, I think something to be very proud of.......and think it is very true.

In the throw away junk world its refreshing to see the BG way still prevails.

BG has a lot going for it in the upcoming world troubles.

every dog has its day.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MIK_bg
Super User!
Super User!

Postby MIK_bg » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:18 pm

Mat wrote:There are a number of electronics recycling companies that have certain days when they wait by the side of the road with a truck and take the e-waste. Have a look on the min of environment's website or your local municipality. I choose to believe they don't just put them in a container and dump them in China....

Your belief system may be effected by too much ingenuity: in europe the only thing they recycle is the gold from the processors and some rare earth material. All the rest dumped in the recycling hell in china. And even there our unrealistic fantasy of recycling may not be possible.

Reality is that most garbage end burned or stocked forever in landfills.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:40 am

troyan wrote:Recent figures show Bulgarians are the lowest consumers by a long way in Europe, they are 50% below the norm.

Because they are the poorest by a long way.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
troyan
Super User!
Super User!

Postby troyan » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:01 am

Thats what they put about Mat,and they are happy to do so and thats what the likes of the UK loves to keep telling their population about third world and so called poor countries

Most people are about a month away from ruin in the UK and are in debt up to their eyeballs.

Having recently travelled extensively around BG I would question all this 'poorness'

Varna is buzzing, Plovdiv is buzzing, the highways are full of expensive cars, hotels are full.......of Bulgarians...... Even in provincial towns like Smolyan and Gabrovo things are looking OK

Its easy to get the illusion of abject poverty by visiting dying villages or Roma areas around Sofia for example but I am not buying it, and also have a very different perception of 'Poverty'

I remember an ex GF from Botswana said when she came here after being in the UK for years.....'these people have everything'

During my last contract in Edinburgh I couldnt beleive the amount of beggars on the streets......not so in BG

Return to “General Discussion”