Living alone

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:58 pm

I lived alone for many years and loved it, but not in a village and with an endless stream of perky totty keeping me company. I miss those days, I'm not going to lie.

I would imagine that unless you have something to really keep you busy it would get monumentally boring. Plus you would be constantly reminded of your departed plus one, which you may or may not like.

peterpiper
Super User!
Super User!

Postby peterpiper » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:24 pm

You have everything set up in Bg, so give it a try, if it doesn't work out then either sell or use it as a holiday home. You are only a flight or drive away from the UK.

alfandalma

Postby alfandalma » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:31 am

Sorry to hear of your loss. It seems you used your home only for summer and didn't commit to living here full time. So why change things. I have lived alone in the UK and even though I had family within 10 miles I was very lonely but met a new wife, which you might not consider now but time really does heal and you will have a better chance of meeting someone when you speak the same language. Just leave the house here for a few years then come over and see how you feel.

womble

Postby womble » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:20 pm

I am also sad for your loss, unfortunately this is life I would do what ever your heart says.
You had very nice times together in BG , but the house will never be the same I am sure she would want you to continue enjoying BG.
As it has been said before time is a great healer , I would keep the house and enjoy the memories along with the rest of your life.
Good luck

sarong
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby sarong » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:59 am

Hi, i cannot imagine how you are feeling, but time is a healer. Now is not the time to make decisions, rather let things evolve. Scotts remark was unfeeling but thats him, im sure you will find support and friendship on this site. I recently have had a situation thats turned every thing upside down. But i know im happier here in Bulgaria living in a small community with the friendship that it offers.

FlagHostel

Postby FlagHostel » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:07 pm

move to pleven and all your worries are over

Hippygirl

Postby Hippygirl » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:28 pm

Hi, have been where you are, and it's totally different for everyone.
Just do nothing in a hurry, and don't take anyone's advice.
Keep safe.

SheilaP

Postby SheilaP » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:10 pm

Hippygirl would you know what happened to Hippyboy. Used to enjoy reading his thoughtful posts. Nothing for a long time though.

sarong
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby sarong » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:43 am

Hi mishmash, How are you? you have been in my thoughts since i read your post. Hippygirls reply got the nail on the head, a very apt post. Keep well and warm, look after yourself, I'll speak again soon.

Hippygirl

Postby Hippygirl » Sat Oct 29, 2016 9:06 am

Hi SheliaP,
sorry no. I've just moved into the same village, so I guess if he is still there I will come across him! Will post any 'info.

Return to “General Discussion”