transport to uk

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

miltonmuskateers
<b>Building Services</b>

transport to uk

Postby miltonmuskateers » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:28 pm

I am going to be transporting frozen food to the uk.Possibly once per month, but yet to be decided.Is there anyone who travels back to the uk periodically with suitable transport? please pm me if there is anyone who fits the bill, thankyou.

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Re: transport to uk

Postby Mat » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:44 am

Presumably you're doing this commercially so you'll need a certified cold chain. There are some people bringing food out here and there used to be the butchers (Prescotts?) coming regularly and I assume they would have had a vehicle but also I assume that when they go back empty they turn the chiller off to save fuel. Have a word with Andy at Andy's Foods and see if he knows someone with a proper cold chain distribution that you can plug your goods into. Otherwise there are a bunch of (mostly) Bulgarians doing the run to the UK - just google them - and I expect they would also be able to arrange something. Shipping non-refrigerated goods is a leva per kilo so I imagine you could get into a cold chain for somewhere north of that.

truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Re: transport to uk

Postby truckyboy » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:19 pm

The problem with that is these transport costs have to be passed on to the importer, so with this, the import taxes, the profit of the shopkeeper, makes everything so expensive, unless need be. We have many Turkish shops, who are bringing bulgarian goodies to these shores, and they are reasonably priced, as theyre part of a huge consignment, to a trade that is already well established..for example bg Rakia is the same price here as a bottle of whiskey, which is in fact cheaper from the super market at £14..so in a small van it will push up the price, and like us, will make do with the equivalent turkish product, which is just as good, and a lot cheaper than the local BG shop, and we also have polish shops that do just as well. so the name of the game is a good reliable transport network, that maybe able to slip through the net at the ports to provide a suitable priced product..until they get caught.

Return to “General Discussion”