Long stay permit.

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

westwitch

Re: Long stay permit.

Postby westwitch » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:50 pm

Mat - our passports don't expire until 2022 so that can't be the reason for the L/C only being for 3 years.

tedthered
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby tedthered » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:12 pm

My residency is tied to the expiry date on my NHIC card

oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:00 pm

Regarding the ambulance its the same in our village, you have to meet it at the centre then take them to the address. Glad the person made a full recovery.

My LC has no expiry date

westwitch

Postby westwitch » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:06 pm

The powers that be have obviously decided to keep you Oldtimer.
Maybe they haven't made their minds up about us yet or think that we're not going to last much longer than 3 years before we pop our clogs :)

troyan
Super User!
Super User!

Postby troyan » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:36 pm

Just had a marathon BG type of runaround with my LC......the previous card only ran for 3 years so I renewed it but they only issued another two years with my new passport but have said I will get the ten year/permanent after that..............the problem I had was they have a new computer system that needs to recognise the house number.........now they just made one up for the last card and so have the electricity company energopro both of which are not proper house numbers.......eventually as always it was sorted out and I now have a house number thanks to my village Kmet who somehow managed to sort it out.......what a carry on but I quite like the abstract world.The great thing about BG is if you persevere and remain polite and calm everything always gets sorted out.

westwitch

Postby westwitch » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:41 pm

Don't you just love it though :) and you feel so good when you eventually get a solution. Good old quirky BG.

Life wouldn't be nearly as entertaining if it were just plain sailing and it certainly gives us a few tales to tell!

varnagirl
Super User!
Super User!

Postby varnagirl » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:24 am

Code: Select all

Don't you just love it though
NO , after enough years it becomes a pain in the arse

should be fun when my next one is due then going by Troyan,s experience....I dont live in a village so dont have a road name even ...never mind a house number.......wonder how they will get round that one.... :D :D :D

westwitch

Postby westwitch » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:14 pm

Varnagirl

We live in a villa zone, way out of the village, so we don't have house number or street name either = that's why we ended up having to live with the mayor - after 5 separate visits to the Migration office and hours spent qeueing - just to keep the computer happy!

Return to “General Discussion”