Long stay permit.

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
ChrisF
Super User!
Super User!

Re: Long stay permit.

Postby ChrisF » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:14 pm

No, nothing. Once you have the five year the ten year should be automatic providing you apply before your five year expires. They are strict on that, for various reasons I've missed out by a couple of days or so and I've had to start the whole process again so I'm now on my third 5 year visa even though I'm in my eleventh year here.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
troyan
Super User!
Super User!

Postby troyan » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:20 pm

the other thing I may be refused on is technically it does say you need to have 5 years continuous residency on a card, I too missed my first opportunity and my current card was issued three years ago in line with my passport expiry date so they may deem I have not had the 5 years......even though I had a card before this one for a full 5 years.....if that makes sense, we shall see.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
ChrisF
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ChrisF » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:06 am

Yes, that is what happened to me. Afraid it looks like you will only get another five year visa. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:07 am

troyan wrote: was quite looking forward to getting a permanent card before the ensuing unknown.......

Is it only I who see the inherent contradiction in voting for Brexit yet wanting permanent residency of an EU member state as a back up plan?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
varnagirl
Super User!
Super User!

Postby varnagirl » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:05 pm

not wishing to throw a spanner in the works..but dont forget athough all offices should be uniform..they are not

we has an Id photo card issued (for 600lv plus , as you did in those days each ) when we arrived in 2003...then we got one of the stupid white cards which were no good to anyone when Bg joined the EU...then another photo card which ran out in 2015 which was a Long Term Residency Card ...on renewal we got a photo, Perminent Residency Card ....Issued , mine for 10yrs..His indoors for only 5yrs.... :smt017
never have any of our cards been married up to our passport renewal dates...never...and we have always applied together ,same office , same day

so dont expect it all to go well everytime
this is Bulgaria

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
troyan
Super User!
Super User!

Postby troyan » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:58 pm

Mat wrote:
troyan wrote: was quite looking forward to getting a permanent card before the ensuing unknown.......

Is it only I who see the inherent contradiction in voting for Brexit yet wanting permanent residency of an EU member state as a back up plan?

I did not vote Brexit, what I want is the break up of the EU, my position has always been that personally Brexit is not good for me at this moment in time, I was of the opinion it was better to stay in and wait for the break up.

The EU was heading in the wrong direction, and still is,it has a globalist agenda and is aligning for a world currency .....or was....because the dollar and Euro are both in deep water for two different reasons.

The EU elite is unwilling to protect its external and internal borders and breaks asylm laws deliberately.......and is involved in suicidal social engineering agendas importing anti democratic totalitarian cultures en mass against the majority of Europeans wishes

The EU elite bully states like Portugal, Poland and BG, they overturned the election result in Portugal.They are now bullying Gibraltar.

I came to BG before the EU and can get permanent residency regardless, my statement meant I can get a permanent card now for a few levs under the present situation which would be convenient and may be beneficial with the uncertainty ahead

what back up plan are you talking about, your statement makes no sense, I need residency to live here be it type D or EU

hope that clears up my position

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
SheilaP

Postby SheilaP » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:05 am

Thanks all. If anyone is interested the actual building is situated at the top of Vasil Aprilov Blvd in Plovdiv. The department itself is a large, fawn coloured building with the usual flags outside. You go around to the south side of the building, through the door and it's on your right. I'm going to do it in June. Still grieving about losing citizenship to all the other beautiful EU countries! Many thanks for all your help,
Sheila.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
troyan
Super User!
Super User!

Postby troyan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:58 am

Its not the end of the world SheilaP, you could get a BG passport but you would need to give up your British citizenship........think of that scenario, I know many have but in reality it is still better to have a British passport and not be a member of the EU, many people came to BG pre EU.
A British passport gets you into more countries worldwide without a visa than any other passport, the latest being Georgia
Brexit is pretty inconvenient for me personally even more so because I travel mostly by land and with UK registered cars which will now maybe more difficult.
But on a less selfish perspective I think Brexit has its merits and I hope it will lead to the reshaping of Europe.
Whilst we hear the slogan diversity is strength all the time, Europe had incredible diversity but actually is being dismantled by the EU and divided by mass immigration,and is also economically destroying nations like Portugal and Ireland with a currency that does not fit diverse economies, so we may see a better Europe in the years to come
My daughter is also affected she is Gibraltarian and lives and works in Spain but is not concerned, we now see the real face of the EU and particularly Spain regarding Gib.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Stuzinho
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Stuzinho » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:34 am

Why would you have to give up your British Citizenship?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
ChrisF
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ChrisF » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:13 am

I think Sheila is talking about EU citizenship, not British.

Return to “General Discussion”