Long stay permit.

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
troyan
Super User!
Super User!

Re: Long stay permit.

Postby troyan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:46 pm

Stuzinho wrote:Why would you have to give up your British Citizenship?

those are the rules. Bulgaria does not offer dual citizenship for foreign Nationals unless very specific family cases

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
troyan
Super User!
Super User!

Postby troyan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:02 pm

ChrisF wrote:I think Sheila is talking about EU citizenship, not British.

my suggestion was a way of retaining EU citizenship.......or there are countries which allow dual nationality should anyone really feel they need to be an EU citizen

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Stuzinho
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Stuzinho » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:21 pm

troyan wrote:
Stuzinho wrote:Why would you have to give up your British Citizenship?

those are the rules. Bulgaria does not offer dual citizenship for foreign Nationals unless very specific family cases

No exemption for EU nationals?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
troyan
Super User!
Super User!

Postby troyan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:07 pm

No, at present EU nationals get an ID card which we are discussing which gives the cardholder all the rights of a Bulgarian except voting, the other option is to apply for full Bulgarian citizenship ie a Passport but to obtain this you must give up your native citizenship and passport.

Its not decided yet what system UK citizens will be put into once we leave the EU, whether it is back to the Visa system which still operates for non EU citizens.

It is not looking too pretty at the moment with Tusk throwing his weight around whose Polish nation owes a lot to Great Britain for their existence ........and now he thinks he presides over the sovereignty and self determination of Gibraltarians. Cant wait to see Farage get stuck in to them in Brussels.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
johndoe3

Postby johndoe3 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:05 am

Does anybody know the format for dying in Bulgaria.?
I know, that there are photographs on telegraph poles etc.
I missed a funeral in Varna a few years ago, but apparently the coffin was open. Next day they were in the bank arguing about his will.
Off subject MOD??
You cannot get a better long stay permit than that.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Stuzinho
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Stuzinho » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:15 pm

troyan wrote:No, at present EU nationals get an ID card which we are discussing which gives the cardholder all the rights of a Bulgarian except voting, the other option is to apply for full Bulgarian citizenship ie a Passport but to obtain this you must give up your native citizenship and passport.

Its not decided yet what system UK citizens will be put into once we leave the EU, whether it is back to the Visa system which still operates for non EU citizens.

It is not looking too pretty at the moment with Tusk throwing his weight around whose Polish nation owes a lot to Great Britain for their existence ........and now he thinks he presides over the sovereignty and self determination of Gibraltarians. Cant wait to see Farage get stuck in to them in Brussels.

According to the legislation there are three exceptions:

1.) If you are married to a bulgaria citizen
2.) If you are an EU citizen and
3.) If your a national of a country which bulgaria has a reciprocal agreement.

Link to full legislation (last amendment dec 2016): http://www.lex.bg/mobile/ldoc/2134446592

(2) (Нова - ДВ, бр. 108 от 2013 г.) Не се изисква освобождаване от досегашното им гражданство за:
1. лица - съпрузи на български граждани;
2. граждани на държава - членка на Европейския съюз, на държава - страна по Споразумението за Европейското икономическо пространство, или на Конфедерация Швейцария;
3. граждани на държави, с които Република България има сключени договори, с които се установява взаимност.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
troyan
Super User!
Super User!

Postby troyan » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:57 am

Stuzihno, thanks you are right it was ammended 2013, I stand corrected

And also interesting is not just EU members but members of the EEA which the UK might remain a member of, Norway and Iceland operate under the EEA
So SheilaP and all ,it seems there is an option to apply for full dual nationality, that would be something I would consider pursuing.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Stuzinho
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Stuzinho » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:58 pm

Glad there are some options for people to hopefully secure citizenship prior to brexit and then see what happens. Presume with these things its harder to remove than to amend the rules for new applicants....

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
regfrancis

Postby regfrancis » Thu May 11, 2017 4:50 pm

Im an Aussie --too young for a pension from Australia.

I'm told to get a longer visa (presently three months out of every six months) I need to spend about 2,000 Euro fees etc
to an immigration Lawyer in Sofia.
ALSO:Arrange for a company based out of Bulgaria to hire me as a representative.
ALSO: Arrange foreign Embassy Apostle certified copies of the outside company's financial statements and official certificates,
ALSO: Arrange for the manager of the outside company to personally come to Bulgaria to open a bank account.
AS WELL AS: prove ability to pay personal expenses, health insurance and a home lease/ownership in Bulgaria.

THEN: pay at least One thousand Euros to renew every year!

I have Land in Primorsko I paid 100,0000 euros for 11 years ago, and was intending to build a small resort there this year.

The visa requirements are impossible!!! .....I have to ditch the idea, and trying to sell the land ...I'm told I'l probably receive a third of what I paid Eleven years ago!!

Bulgaria is keeping up its reputation of a fine place to invest?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
kat36

Postby kat36 » Thu May 11, 2017 8:47 pm

Similarly visa to Aus. is not easy for someone wanting to go there with your sort of intentions. If you are thinking of building a resort spending more than 250k in Bulgaria, I think you could apply for investors visa leading to permanent residency.

Return to “General Discussion”