Long stay permit.

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
regfrancis

Re: Long stay permit.

Postby regfrancis » Fri May 12, 2017 5:09 am

It may be so that Immigration to Australia, Switzerland etc may have high requirements.
But just maybe Bulgaria is Jumping the gun, considering its GDP is 6,800USD per person .... with 56,000 USD for Australia

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby truckyboy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:41 pm

i went to Bourgas immigration office last year for my permanent residence card..my wife was with me ( she is bulgarian ) and she noticed a lettter in bg stating over the age of 65 it was a big discount..even the office staff had to query it, and came outside the office to do a double take..ha ha anyway got it and it lasts till 2025..didnt think it had a date on it as it was permanent..lol but it was after my 2 x 5 yr residence..but i am aged 71 so maybe theyre doing it a few years at a time..

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
ChrisF
Super User!
Super User!

Postby ChrisF » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:46 pm

'Permanent' is not really permanent but ten years - you will have to renew in 2025. Bulgarians have to renew their ID (EGN) every ten years as well.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
paul-alice
Super User!
Super User!

Postby paul-alice » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:14 am

Renewed 5 year residence last week, expired last november but they never said anything thank goodness

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby truckyboy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:59 pm

Thanks chris..now i know the reason why..its a 10 year one = Permanent..lol

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
troyan
Super User!
Super User!

Postby troyan » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:35 am

Looks like there wont be any problems Brexitwise with those people who have already been in BG for a while ...I just got my card renewed after a lot of hassle, they have a new computerised system which would not recognise my house number because basically it doesnt have one,my electric company just made a number up.......but does now,I had to go to my village Kmet who was very helpful.....unlike the woman in Lovech immigration office who takes rudeness and unhelpfulness to a new level, I have heard people say this before.....seems to be a Lovech thing they are pretty rude and miserable in the Kat office as well, all taken with a pinch of salt

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
westwitch

Postby westwitch » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:56 pm

We just applied for our long stay permits a couple of weeks ago and had the same problem, as we live in a villa zone with no street name or house number. The migration office in Plovdiv wouldn't accept that we didn't have either, despite us giving them copies of the deeds to the house and our electricity bills, but insisted that we get a letter from the Kmet. He was as puzzled as we were and despite going through many documents couldn't produce anything that would satisfy the migration office, so we ended up 'living with the mayor' simply to tick these boxes!
Incidentally, although our EHIC card is valid for 5 years, our Lichna Carta when we finally received it, is only valid for 3 years. We're not sure whether this is because of our ages or maybe because of the uncertainties over Brexit, as it expires in 2020. We're not complaining though, just pleased that we finally got our cards after jumping through so many hoops in the process.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:25 am

Last year a child on holiday at my small apt complex was taken ill the ambulance was called but the father could not give an address,he had to meet the ambulance outside a local hotel 5 mins walk away and take them to his address it all ended well with the child making a full recovery. This not having an address in bg has been a problem for me when I need tradesmen I have to go and meet them to show them where my apt block is ie plumber & electrician. :( :(

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:49 pm

westwitch wrote:Incidentally, although our EHIC card is valid for 5 years, our Lichna Carta when we finally received it, is only valid for 3 years. .
When does your passport expire? They can't give you a lichna carta of longer validity than the passport.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
varnagirl
Super User!
Super User!

Postby varnagirl » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:53 pm

they can't give you a lichna carta of longer validity than the passport.
...... :D :D

Oh yes they can...my passport is till 2020...., my L/C is till 2025...... :!:

Return to “General Discussion”