cost of holiday in bulgaria

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
banjo
Super User!
Super User!

cost of holiday in bulgaria

Postby banjo » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:09 am

This is just been reported on bbc news. Bulgaria is the best value for money in europe for your summer holiday WITH A DROP OF 10 PER CENT against last years prices also the basic cost of your shopping basket on the resort of sunny beach is the best value in europes holiday resorts. =D>

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
ChrisF
Super User!
Super User!

Re: cost of holiday in bulgaria

Postby ChrisF » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:51 am

Yes, I heard that too, but I suspect the price comparisions have been done at different times of year. Prices are lower now than they will be in a month or so when the season opens officially - all prices will then increase significantly, that' not to say that Bulgaria won't still be a bargain holiday destination as it has been for years.
It is getting more expensive to live here though.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:35 pm

I agree with you Chris supermarket prices in Bulgaria are about the same as in the UK. Hotels in the beach resorts are very cheap compared with say Croatia .
Happy Easter to all on the my Bulgaria. :D

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
johndoe3

Postby johndoe3 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:45 am

Gawd help us!!
I travel 1800 miles to getaway, then the BBC have to follow me.
Last year, it was the "den of iniquity", then this year it is "the most remarkable place on the planet".
I must admit, that it is not a place that my grandchildren would take me to. :roll:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Malarkey
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Malarkey » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:14 pm

Just read this article from the 14th April.
https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2017 ... ney-survey

"UK tourists looking for a budget beach-break should head to Bulgaria, where a bottle of beer costs just 70p and a three-course meal for two – including a bottle of wine – will set you back less than £20, according to a new holiday costs report."

"Regarding Bulgaria’s continued appeal as a budget destination, Andrew Brown of Post Office Travel Money, said: “Tour operators have already reported that holidays to Bulgaria are selling like hot cakes and our research makes it clear that Sunny Beach will offer cash-strapped holidaymakers unbeatable value this year.”

He added: “Meal costs are really the deciding factor in Bulgaria’s favour. Over the course of a week’s holiday, lunch and evening meals for two will cost around £175 in Sunny Beach but this could mushroom to over £600 in more expensive resorts in France or Italy. If you haven’t already booked a holiday, do your homework to find a resort which best fits your budget.”

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
johndoe3

Postby johndoe3 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:26 am

LOL Malarkey,
it is good to hear from a reader of the "GRAUNIAD".
I only use it for the crosswords,(free).
I have visited Bulgaria many times over 13 years and it is still full of surprises.
Swmbo could not do a winter there, but we look forward to go back there every May.
The flights etc.. are very difficult for people just spending a week.
Then again, I could spend a week at "Ourgate".
Ourgate at the end of the garden.

Return to “General Discussion”