maintenance contract.

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

maintenance contract.

Postby banjo » Fri May 19, 2017 1:36 pm

I have just had a call from a Scottish friend of mine who purchased an apartment 2 years ago on the coast. He signed a 5 year maintenance contract with the developer, he has had a demand for 1400 euros this year for basic maintenance IE common areas swimming pool etc.He has told me he has been told by the locals he is being ripped off, while he is under contract can he do anything about it the apt is a 2 bed this to me seems very expensive. His first year was 800 euros. Advice is welcome he is worried. :( :(

oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Re: maintenance contract.

Postby oldtimer » Fri May 19, 2017 4:08 pm

It is rather a lot, did the management company call AGM last year ? To increase it that much it would have needed to be discussed at the AGM along with the accounts. But he has agreed a 5 year term with the company so he probably would be better off discussing this with a legal person

Malarkey
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Malarkey » Fri May 19, 2017 6:07 pm

Hi Banjo
I had a load of info on maintenance and payments as I did some research for someone last year. I don't remember the ins and outs exactly so don't want to give you in correct advice now but will dig it out next week and post it [can't do it know]

But the bottom line seemed to be for owners to take over the maintenance and management responsibility's themselves. Which is a mine field, time consuming and hard work. Just getting the right number of owners together for the AGM for instance.

I seem to remember banshie [I think that was the members name] were very good on this subject and so in the meantime do a search for her on here.

Also I found that that the wayback machine has some of the Mybulgaria's missing threads cir 2012 /15, so it might be worth checking there.

https://mhlegal.eu/ used to give very good advice via a blog, sadly they have moved out of this sort of
area of interest, but I think some of the information they posted still exists but it's not on their website any more.

Although it could be out dated but maybe not, depends if the law has changed in the intervening time.

A quick google found

https://mhlegal.eu/blog/major-amendment ... ement-act/ from 2011 would be worth a read, but check if the law has been updated since 2011.

and this would be worth reading https://mhlegal.eu/blog/collecting-outs ... ndominium/ as it discusses the maintenance fees for the comment areas and is from 2013 Which might make interesting reading for your friend as it seemed [if my memory is correct] to exclude non resident owners from some maintenance liability. However its in everyone's interest to maintain their developments; just not be forced to pay exorbitant amounts of maintenance or management fees

Also https://mhlegal.eu/blog/maintenance-com ... um-owners/ I seem to remember the comments section was useful.

Hope some of this is helpful and not out of date.

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Fri May 19, 2017 8:57 pm

I have just been on the phone to my mate in Scotland he has told me that as far as he has been told no AGM. has been set up yet as all the other owners are Russian or Brits and German owners, and has been told that getting them together is wishful thinking. I have passed on all your replies and asked him to join the forum so he can discuss it here in more detail thanks. :)

johnjay
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby johnjay » Sun May 21, 2017 3:12 pm

Just a thought.
How will banjo's mate be able to join and make contact now the membership is closed?

oldtimer

Postby oldtimer » Sun May 21, 2017 5:25 pm

Did"nt know that the membership was closed :?

varnagirl
Super User!
Super User!

Postby varnagirl » Sun May 21, 2017 6:16 pm

oldtimer wrote:Did"nt know that the membership was closed :?

its only temporary...keep up gal ...... :D

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=46451&p=470784#p470784

oldtimer

Postby oldtimer » Mon May 22, 2017 4:17 am

:D 8) 8)

Return to “General Discussion”