Heatwave

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Heatwave

Postby banjo » Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:37 pm

Just been listening to bbc news about the heatwave sweeping Europe with Romania & Bulgaria being spoken about I am not in Bulgaria at the moment and looking at the temperature I am glad that I am in the UK. Also I see that the sea temperature is 26/28 degrees I think the fish will go deeper. Italy seems to be the hottest with temperatures of 41 degrees anyway keep cool . :) :)

bigbulg
<b>Legal Services</b>

Re: Heatwave

Postby bigbulg » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:22 pm

Yes, it's hot, about 32'c in Burgas with a cooling breeze, but i have known it hotter. What's draining is the high humidity with it. i've heard some say it's 40'+ inland 8O 8O 8O i don't envy them. The locals have gone to the Mountains, Burgas is full of cars with with "outsiders" number plates.....

oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:09 pm

Were are you finding the cooling breeze ??? on the coast here the cooling breeze is like a hairdryer. The airport yesterday at 10.40am was reading 37c today at midday it said 39c. I have got to say I have not known it hotter than this summer, well not that I can remember, and I have 20 plus summers under my belt. Only 20 weeks to Christmas and bring on the snow :lol:

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:29 am

That kind of heat is to much for me to handle, lets hope it cools down by September 16th when I will be back in Varna at the moment where I live in the UK its 13 degrees and raining heavy I think climate change is very much upon us,keep cool out there. :) :)

bigbulg
<b>Legal Services</b>

Postby bigbulg » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:16 am

Oldtimer, Burgas IS on the coast, I'm only meters' away from the Sea, believe me its a cooling breeze, hence the beach is rammed with tourists and Burgaslii alike to get away from the intense heat. I was in Orizare last week for a couple of days and i could feel the difference only a couple of kms inland (car temp readings). I've escaped to the mountains now were it's ONLY 28'c by day and even slightly chilly and night by comparison.

oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:39 pm

Orizare bigbulg, you should have said hallo. I do know that Burgas is on the coast, but there is no cooling breeze here on the coast at Sunny Beach

womble

Postby womble » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:55 pm

This was our first summer in BG, for 10 years.
How we loved it, 10 days in Bozenci, really nice weather not stupid hot, then down to Sozopol same there.
Loved sozopol

truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby truckyboy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:56 pm

i live in Pomorie, but some of my family were up from Russe to stay in Sozopol..and invited me for a couple of days..i found parts of this great town i had never knew existed,,had a wonderful time, great restaurants, beaches etc, and not forgetting the gorgeous weather..i must say that i found the buildings very close and on top of each other..not to my liking for living there..but welcomed the sound of the sea lashing the shore whilst in bed..

Return to “General Discussion”