Is anyone still using this site?

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Malarkey
Super User!
Super User!

Is anyone still using this site?

Postby Malarkey » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:34 am

Hi everyone/anyone who still checks into Mybulgaria.

I guess from the postings that many people have stopped using the site but thought I would drop by and say hallo. Sadly it seems MyBulgaria may have had its day given the lack of use by myself and many other members. I personally would be sad to see it go and wondered if anyone has any ideas on how to breath life back into it?

mopha
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Re: Is anyone still using this site?

Postby mopha » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:17 am

hi yes still look on here on a regular basis, probably don't post very much because having been going to Bulgaria on a regular
basis for a number of years most subjects have been covered, fortunately on our complex we have a good management in place, trust me wasn't always like it ! so just generally if I need some info on here I do ask the question, or reply to other posts, it could be a good site again, just needs some more input, generally, just my opinion :D

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:46 pm

Hi you say that now you have good management in place just curious to ask what the old one was like and what problems did you have and how did you sort out the bad management. :D cheers

oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:46 am

Well I am still here :lol: maybe we need to go on all these facebook pages and promote this site

mopha
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby mopha » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:21 pm

banjo wrote:Hi you say that now you have good management in place just curious to ask what the old one was like and what problems did you have and how did you sort out the bad management. :D cheers

hi, initially original management ok, they went bust,along side with original builders, then a few years with bulg management, fine at first then renting out apts not belonging to them and then as owners felt we were the intruders etc, friends locals of management using facilities. voted them out. not without some difficulty.
then we had English management, and things were fine for quite some time, usual problems with complexes, normal suspects not paying, for anything, so if repairs (emergency) were required above and beyond ,it caused friction etc,one lesson learnt I believe, cant mix business and friendship, think the stress levels involved became to much ,
so a new management in place, owners had a vote on who would be the next management Bulgarian local to our complex, and must say , works very well, known to the majority of owners, they also run a business, so it works well, just with anything have to keep your eyes open, and as soon as problems appear, hopefully sort them out 8)

shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shebry » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:50 pm

It's a long time since I posted on this forum and a number of the older members will remember why I disappeared, but I did look in occasionally
Like most Bg forum's another one has hit the dust, Our Bulgaria forum has had its day. due to the death of the Admin last October, and even the half a dozen members posting now, are really just chatting amongst themselves. its just not worth it, so It's time to say good-bye

varnagirl
Super User!
Super User!

Postby varnagirl » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:35 pm

I still pop in every couple of days..its a shame we are loosing them all...as they were good fun and sometimes even a valid source of information !! :D :wink:

paul-alice
Super User!
Super User!

Postby paul-alice » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:24 am

I look in now and again but rarely post, a lot of the forum sites are dying out due to members moving over to Facebook BG groups. This was the first site i joined many years ago and was very good for info.

poulton
Super User!
Super User!

Postby poulton » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:17 pm

Yes, facebook forums seem to have taken a stronghold, and YES this was a very good website for information.

shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shebry » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:14 pm

I wouldn't think many people would want to be on the computer today, here in the UK at 2pm local time it is 27c, fantastic and long may it last

Return to “General Discussion”