Is anyone still using this site?

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Re: Is anyone still using this site?

Postby banjo » Mon May 21, 2018 10:20 am

I think its due to the financial crash in 2007/8, The interest in BG property stopped almost overnight with less people seeking information. :(

MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Sun May 27, 2018 12:54 am

truckyboy
Thank you for your post on the 20th May, I appreciated it. I agree that although the site is mainly dead nowadays and do not see the situation changing, it does have a lot of great historical content. I personally am pleased that old timers still bother to check in and post.
All the best from MOD

dylan

Postby dylan » Tue May 29, 2018 2:35 pm

Just logged in after 8 years away. Lived in bg for over 12 years. Found out i didnt need the conflicting advice after 4 years on here.

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:24 pm

Haven't been here for ages, both due to moving to Kenya and not really having a use for the place. Was hoping to find gossip on the very recently late and dearly departed Leslie Grantham, but alas.

Forums are like marriages - you have to know when they have run their course and move on to new things...

Malarkey
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Malarkey » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:36 pm

Good to hear from you Mat. I always enjoyed your posts and humour. Back in the day you used to make me laugh a lot and when you were being serious I usually agreed with your point of view . Anyway I understand what say about the forum and wish you all the best for your new life in Kenya.

bullador
Super User!
Super User!

Postby bullador » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:37 pm

Hi, I pop in now and again to read and keep up to date with who is still around...

schwartzy

Postby schwartzy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:25 pm

Just popped in to do the same thing! Used this site loads before we bought our place 12 years ago and it was really useful.

fred
Super User!
Super User!

Postby fred » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:52 pm

I pop in from time to time, for old times sake.

Nice to see a couple of posts from you again Mat, I have missed your wit and wisdom.

Kenya, must be a bit different after all those years in Bulgaria, I bet it's a pleasant change not freezing your tits off in the winter.

Cheers Fred.

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:34 am

I had a sudden feeling it was 2003 all over again. Perhaps I've mellowed in my old age.

Kenya is not the place it was 25 years ago - pollution and poverty but more seriously a lack of hope. Plus its insanely expensive - school fees for a 6 year old are $18,000. BG always had pollution and poverty but at least it had a direction of travel to a better place. I miss the snow and the seasonality, but as I'm (literally) wedded to the place I'll be back soon enough.

MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:28 pm

I still pop in occasionally but have had little to no contact with the owners this year.

I am concerned about the future of this site and am hopping that it will still be around next year.

Not wanting to scaremonger but I would suggest; if you haven't already, that you get alternative contact details for people on here that you would like to remain in touch with.

I am not saying that the site will go but better to make sure you can remain in contact with those you would like too, should the forum ever go.

MOD

Return to “General Discussion”