The Bastardisation of Bulgaria

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

MIK_bg
Super User!
Super User!

The Bastardisation of Bulgaria

Postby MIK_bg » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:25 pm

Hello folks. Still around kicking ? Left the country already? ...Planning the escape???

I dont want to sound naive, neither dramatic. Okay, I will sound probably both dramatic and naive, but while Bulgaria never has been a lighthouse for individuals rights, day after day I'm reading more and more mindf****** stories of expats or even bulgarians dealing with companies(??), law(????), fellow citizens (?????).

The atmosphere seems to be degrading into a south american Banana Republic where every aspects of society is run as organized crime and it's scary enough to know you wont get any help neither by submit to the companies and government burocracy, nor by appealing to the law.

I'm not saying it wasn't like this before and that I'm finally coming to terms with it, but things are getting worst.

Of course this can be connected to the world economy crumbling and be a global phenomenon but I think Bulgaria isn't making any resistance either to avoid to sink into a spiral of dog eats dog kind of society.

Basically, owning a property, being connected to utilities, running a business, just breathing next to another desperate being exposes you to a cornucopia of twilight zone experiences.

Apart for the financial bitterness and real nightmares out of investing in BG by many expats, who are daily expressing their "love" for the country and people using colourful expressions leaving no space to misunderstanding, I'm wondering what is the opinion now of the more adaptable ones? I always considered myself one of them, more adaptable, more understanding in bad or good, closing one or both eyes if necessary, thinking that once you close the door of your house and don't mess with these problems, you are somehow safe, but lately I start thinking I'm gonna need to face reality.

Are we becoming target of desperation and criminality of any kind, corporate, mafious and state run?

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Re: The Bastardisation of Bulgaria

Postby banjo » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:23 pm

Hi and what a good post My personal look is that Bulgaria is run by bandits and as a owner of property I have not seen many changes in the last ten years.As far as dog eat dog this started in the UK in the 80s and yes it seems to be spreading now to south east Europe, the EU hast stated that Bulgaria needs to fight corruption before it can be a full member but I have not seen any evidence that this will be forthcoming . The widespread public have seen the EU funds for improvements to the infrastructure being stolen by corrupt so called officials and even when they are known to the government they get away with it.The mindset of the people in control of Bulgaria still have communist ideals and it will take a few generations to rid themselves of this so all in all nothing much has changed.

MIK_bg
Super User!
Super User!

Postby MIK_bg » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:30 am

Fight corruption is code word for..spead a thicker layer of hypocrisy. The EU model is modern 2.0 mafia of City of London, Swiss banking and German industrial complex, more business savy, with more public relations, image damage control, more control on perception of the current situation trough manipulation of data and minds, propaganda or simply censorship.

The problem I see is that while organized society is getting bastardised, all fall back to personal values.
But what can you expect in a society that already learned to reproduce same behaviour they see from the top dogs down the whole pyramid of the social structure? The common people has not the economics or social pressure to restrain theirself from doing to others what the top dogs are doing to them.

All these "better life conditions" are absolutely fictional. Prices and taxes are rising always above the inflation adjustment of wages. All these "better life conditions" are propelled by either crime either debt or the money coming from abroad, as foreign investors (that are leaving) expats (that are leaving) and Bulgarians working abroad who are coming back as the economies of western world is drying up.

I always wanted to live off grid under a rock but now it seems you have to put more kilometres and mine fields between you and any other and live a monastic life to not encourage your neighbours to rob you probably with the full support of police, courts and legislation.

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:17 am

Well if you repeatedly elect a known mafia lord and drug kingpin as your prime minister, what on earth do you expect? The fish rots from the head.

I would love to buy myself a village bolthole and start planting trees to enjoy in my retirement but the moment my back is turned the locals would nick everything. My father in law just died and the first thing we did - before we made the announcement in the village - was to get SOT in. Because they would be breaking bread with us and commiserating on the Friday and looting the place on the Saturday.

MIK_bg
Super User!
Super User!

Postby MIK_bg » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:20 pm

I've survived by refusing to even acknowledge the existance of Bulgarian politics. I'm already disgusted by global scale politics to even bother to inform myself about these mignons. They are irrelevant even as criminals.

But I've been introduced to the wonderful world of bribery and the infinite possibilities you get by dealing with such garbage.

Dont you find amazing how the press pictures as bastions of law the police officers who arrested a *ucker offering 20 levs as bribe, but you never hear of same outcomes with someone offering 200/300 lev and above? like they are educating the public to the minimum ammount they accept.

in fact they proceed just against those who offered too little.

I'm up for a fully sufficient offgrid village with earthed self supporting steelframe modular houses...so not needing any building permit. But you defenitely need to cement your trees or they will steal them.

at least, if you find the right location as far as possible from any village you may be safe.
they are lazy thieves. they wont walk up a mountain to rob you.

Return to “General Discussion”