BREXIT

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Re: BREXIT

Postby truckyboy » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:33 pm

Hi Banjo, long time replying..you have probably done it by now..lol..anyway, you need to find out where the immigration office is in Varna..then report there with your documents, unless you speak bulgarian take a translator..but it is a simple process..except for the language..thank god my wife is bulgarian..so i now have a long term citizen card after going through 2 x 5 yearly ones...btw its cheaper if your over a certain age..i think 65..good luck

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby banjo » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:47 pm

Hi ya, yes I am proud to say that we have got our 5 year temp cards,we had a friend sort out the documents in Bulgarian. yes it was fairly easy. I do not know if people are aware that when the E.H.I.C. cards reach the end date then it will be private medical or the Bulgarian government scheme. All the best from Varna.

paul-alice
Super User!
Super User!

Postby paul-alice » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:55 pm

Got my long term bulgarian photo id card, and bulgarian driving licence, bulgarian health insurance so hopefully ready for Brexit.

truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby truckyboy » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:08 pm

Got my long term residency card..havnt bothered with driving licence yet..or an IDP..am waiting to see the outcome by 31st october.

Mayhem

Postby Mayhem » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:44 am

We changed the house in Bulgaria to private ownership from company ownership a few years ago, When and if Brexit happens will we have to go back to forming a new company to retain ownership of the house ?
Cheers Mayhem

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:36 pm

Mayhem wrote:We changed the house in Bulgaria to private ownership from company ownership a few years ago, When and if Brexit happens will we have to go back to forming a new company to retain ownership of the house ?
Cheers Mayhem

There are many, many unknowns about what will happen here after BREXIT and I'm not aware of any specific official information being available about that particular subject.

But being somewhat of a pessimist, I've kept my house-owning company alive, just in case.

From the Bulgarian side, as posted here previously by ChrisF, this is about as much as we have so far :- https://www.mvr.bg/en/about-the-ministr ... out-brexit

truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby truckyboy » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:12 pm

None of this means anything, we have a transition period whereby all the rules we had yesterday, are still valid until December 2020

truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby truckyboy » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:30 pm

I find it amazing how many things are going to change..some people are saying we must change a driving licence to a bg one, i dont believe that for one minute, even though some have done it. We have until december 20 20 to make deals, or leave without one, but until then things remain the same.
There will be changes, but as we go through this year, we will be making the same deals we have now, or variations of them. I believe we will have the same D.L. the same EHIC, there wont be any visas needed, and if there is one, it will be a European one.the other deals will be about flying and landing etc, that will remain the same in my opinion or it will affect them too..so all in all..Happy Brexit Day. and stop worrying.

shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shebry » Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:37 pm

I haven't been on this forum for over two years, not that I didn't like it I just found it got a bit boring
Anyway, now that I am here I'll say a little about what is going on in the world. For the Brexit situation I think that could be put on the back burner for a while as the whole world is in lock down so how can the UK negotiate trade deals and the future on how we live our lives
Much more important at present is the terrible Caronavirus and the devastating effect it is having on us all and the thousands who are dying and the families who are loosing loved ones. It is hard to come to terms with this epidemic and comprehend the final outcome especially when our Prime Minister is in Intensive Care suffering from the dreaded disease I look at the high rise flats in places like London, Varna and Dobrich etc and wonder how the families are coping with the children, with no garden to play in and many of the social area's closed
Truckyboy, I, also have a property near Dobrich which I have owned for 13 years and it is doing my head in the fact that I can't get out there to prepare it for the summer. I have holiday bookings for the summer months, I should say I had bookings as cancellations have started to come in. Much that it is hard to accept, the one and only thing on our minds should be to fight this invisible war and win. Unfortunately, I am of an age that I can remember WW2 and the rate of deaths now world wide remind of the many many thousands who didn't survive the bombings
As the Queen said in her Sunday speech, We'll meet again, so I wish everyone/anybody who reads my contribution all the luck in the world and STAY SAFE

truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby truckyboy » Sun May 10, 2020 4:04 pm

Hi Shebry i wander on here now and again, and if i dont see a recent post, i move along swiftly..great shame as this could lead to the site closing, and it has been invaluable to many for its miles of information.
Brexit negotiating is on going..covid or not..and the eu is still having a rant that progress is not being made. Boris has stated there will be no extension after december..so its a deal or a no deal..so someone had better get a move on.
I still want to make my journey inJune to Pomorie..i can cancel my ferry or change dates with no fees, just 24 hours notice, same as my european breakdown cover..bulgharia has stated that there will still be restrictions for drivers around the country, and non bg citizens will have to quarantine for 2 weeks..no mention of residents, i assume its gonna be ok. my only other bother is whether i can travel through europe..France is opening up on Monday, then i have to drive across Germany, Austria, Hungary, Romania and into BG,if theres no restrictions ( as i`m going home ) then all will be ok, must wait and watch the broadcast etc at the end of this month and into halfway through June..stay safe shebry, and hope you make it there this year but it depends on flights and airlines..which my wife will also be travelling on hopefully.

Return to “General Discussion”