Paying water bills

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Mayhem

Paying water bills

Postby Mayhem » Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:00 pm

Hi
Does anybody understand how to pay a water bill via epay bg, the bill is all in bulgarian or even show to translate the bill into English, I tried Google translate but it did not work.
Cheers

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Re: Paying water bills

Postby mememe » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:11 pm

I pay all my bills via epay.bg and get an email (in English) whenever a payment is due.

I'm assuming you mean paying online? Or do you mean at an epay.bg kiosk in BG?

A few questions if you mean online:-
1) Where are you - in the UK or in BG?
2) Have you received your bill via an email?
3) Are you already registered with epay.bg? If not, do you already have a bank account and debit/credit card with one of these banks? https://www.epay.bg/v3main/front?p=banks

Mayhem

Postby Mayhem » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:10 am

Thanks for your reply,
I already have an Epay BG account which i use online to pay my electricity bills which i am sent via email,
My problem is in setting up an account to pay my water bills because the bill i received from the lady who reads the metre is in Bulgarian and i do not read Bulgarian so i do not know how to enter the details needed to set up the account. I am in England at the moment.
Cheers
Mayhem.

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:50 am

So you already have an epay.bg account - that's good...

Sorry for checking the obvious, but you are using the epay.bg website in English, aren't you?

Right - so you are on the epay.bg website. Look top left and you will see a menu item "Payment of bills". Click it then from the drop-down menu, under Utility Bills', click 'Registration'.

On the next page that opens, either search to find your water company by using the search box, or click ''Water Supply and Sewage Companies', then choose your water company from the selection offered. This will put their name and details into the 'Merchant' box on the next page that opens up..

At that next page that opens you also need to input:-

1) your customer number (Абонатен номер), which should be written on the bill somewhere, probably near the top, where your name and address are written.

2) Write a short description of what the payments are for (ie 'Water Bills - House) and make sure the box marked "I wish to get notifications for received bills.' is ticked. (It should be ticked by default, but tick it by clicking in the box if not).

Then click 'add' - and the water account for epay.bg should be set up.

Now a bit I'm not sure about..... I can't guarantee it but I think it's most likely result that if you go back to the website homepage and click 'Pending Bills', then your water bill details should appear and you can pay it.

The other possibility (much less likely, I think) is that epay.bg doesn't recognise bills which were pending before the water account was added, in which case you will need to find a friend or neighbour who can help you out with their physical presence in BG.

Fingers crossed though - and good luck!

Mayhem

Postby Mayhem » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:53 am

Hi.
I can not find the customer number as described, i have found 2 ten digit numbers on the bill one of which is probably correct.
I have put both numbers in the water companies site and both have been accepted but no bills are showing as due.
I was going to send you a copy of an old water bill so that you could show me correct number but attachments do not seem to be allowed on this site.
I will be returning to BG soon and will pay the bill then.
It will be interesting to see what happens in the accounts i have opened when a bill is next due.
On a lighter note they can not cut off the supply because when the road outside the house was upgraded the contractors buried the stop tap.
Thank you
Mayhem.

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:40 pm

Mayhem wrote:Hi.
I can not find the customer number as described, i have found 2 ten digit numbers on the bill one of which is probably correct.
I have put both numbers in the water companies site and both have been accepted but no bills are showing as due.
I was going to send you a copy of an old water bill so that you could show me correct number but attachments do not seem to be allowed on this site.
I will be returning to BG soon and will pay the bill then.
It will be interesting to see what happens in the accounts i have opened when a bill is next due.
On a lighter note they can not cut off the supply because when the road outside the house was upgraded the contractors buried the stop tap.
Thank you
Mayhem.

If they can't cut the supply off and you will be back soon, then I wouldn't worry about it.... Ah!... You're not.... :-)

I wouldn't pay any water bills notified by epay.bg until you have had your customer account number confirmed though.

Yes, you'd better get back here soon... It's a pleasant 33 degrees where I am today.... ;-)

rubbertoe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby rubbertoe » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:11 pm

Hi Folks
Does anyone have the e mail address for the water company office in Sunny Beach?
Cheers

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:22 am

Not my region - but a quick Google search tells me you're probably looking for ViK. https://vik-burgas.com/

Clicking on the envelope icon, top right, gets you this email address:- office@vik-burgas.com

Whether that will get you the email hotline to the 'water company office in Sunny beach', I don't know.... But it's a start.... :-)

rubbertoe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby rubbertoe » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:54 am

Hi
Thanks for the advice

oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:39 am

Water office in Sunny Beach is on the roundabout leading up to New Nessebar, it is on the right hand side next to the supermarket. There are some old looking buildings go past the first 2 and its the one on the left behind.

Return to “General Discussion”