Paying Utility Bills

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

DaveyBoy

Paying Utility Bills

Postby DaveyBoy » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:50 pm

I wondered if anyone has set up standing orders or direct debits for paying bills (electricity, water etc..)? The company that were managing my property say that they have to drive 60kms round trip to pay my bills which to me sounds very odd! I find it hard to believe that everyone in BG has to trek to a central point to pay their bills! As I no longer have the property managed I cannot see anyway that I can make these payments if they have to be made in person! I would really appreciate any advice with this dilemma that I have! Thanks

Bo

Postby Bo » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:55 pm

Depends on where you've bought and which bank you're using to pay your utilities. I can think of places (some pretending to be well developed) that only have a couple of banks (three at most) in the immediate vicinity, and not necessarily within the boundaries of the same town/village .... erm, didn't really mean village.

tandt
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby tandt » Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:11 pm

Hi,
my parents have a house in a village, but they have to pay their bills at Shabla - about 20 km away. The villagers can pay their bills at the village post office, but because my parents purchased their house using the company they formed, they have to pay theirs at Shabla. Strange, but this is Bulgaria ! :? Don't know about the banking, 'cos they ask neighbours to pay the bills when they aren't there.
Trev.

geordie
Super User!
Super User!

Postby geordie » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:05 pm

We now pay our utility bills via direct debit but had to change our bank account to do so as not all banks offer this facility. We changed from Bulbank to DSK bank in Varna.
Anne

paul-alice
Super User!
Super User!

Postby paul-alice » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:14 pm

Hi we set up our direct debits through with postbank in dobrich but they have branches in most areas. www.postbank.bg

DaveyBoy

paying bills

Postby DaveyBoy » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:05 pm

Thanks everyone for your advice. I bank with Allianz in Varna and my house is in a village about 7 miles away! I'm sure my 'managers' like to see this as a valuable part of my fee and therefore give the impression that there are no options? Those that pay by direct debit, do you just pay a set amount each month into an account at the elctric company etc or does it get taken as the bills come in each time? Thanks again

Daveyboy

pollypepper

paying bills

Postby pollypepper » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:33 pm

Hi we pay our bills at the local post office in the village and no body has said we cannot,when we are not there our friend who lives next door pays the bills,he keeps the receipts for us and we leave a little money with him.

Last time we arrived at the post office and it was shut,our friend found the post mistress in the local cafe and she opened up for us.Would not happen in the Uk.
Pollypepper

tandt
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby tandt » Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:53 pm

Rules and regulations vary, depending which village / town / area you are in. My parents can pay the telephone bill in the village, but the water and electricity have to be paid in town. It also depends which agent you purchased with and how the property was purchased. Some word it so it is a company premises and some don't.
Trev.

For additional information please refer to the relevant sticky post under the Banking/Currency heading. Mod :lol:

bumpy

Postby bumpy » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:27 pm

geordie wrote:We now pay our utility bills via direct debit but had to change our bank account to do so as not all banks offer this facility. We changed from Bulbank to DSK bank in Varna.
Anne

Is the DSK bank still around? I just searched for it on google, found the link but the webpage wasn't availabe. :?

geordie
Super User!
Super User!

Postby geordie » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:14 pm

Hi Bumpy,
Yes, DSK bank is still around. The address of our branch is Vladislav Varnencvik Varna 9000 Bulgaria.
Regards
Anne

Return to “General Discussion”