Paying Utility Bills

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

sootyb
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Paying bills

Postby sootyb » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:15 pm

We also pay the bills at the post office in the village. You have to be careful with the electricity bills as they only keep them in the post office for a few days and then are sent back to the main office. You then have to go into town to pay

Midlander
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Midlander » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:46 am

Several posters are critical of Eon but my experience has been good. I set up a direct debit with Procredit bank and my payments are made like clock work. Not many companies in Bulgaria are set up to accept direct debits but Eon is one of them. Now paying my water bills and local tax ..........that's a different story! Even getting the bills is problematic. These bills are sent to the one Brit in the village they know best who then distributes the bills to the rest of us. Fortunately for him, he does own a local Brit pub and restaurant. I wonder how much extra trade he gets when people come to collect their bills!

FrozenSausage

Utility Bills

Postby FrozenSausage » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:37 pm

Does anyone have any experience of CEZ and changing the name on the electricity account from the previous owner to themselves?

I've emailed CEZ but have had no response as yet :(

sprotbro
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby sprotbro » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:23 pm

We have a apartment in Sunny Beach and reading back it appears the best way to pay the Electric Bill, is by opening a bank account in Bulgaria, depositing an amount of money, then setting up a direct debit from the bank. We only use the apartment a couple of times a year. If this is the best method can anyone recommend a bank in Sunny Beach who have the facilities, thanks, Paul.

construction_help

BILLS

Postby construction_help » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:44 pm

WE PAY EVERYTHING THROUGH EPAY THAT WAY YOU CAN SEE WHAT YOU OWE AND IF YOU WANT TO PAY IT YOU JUST CLICK IF YOU DONT WANT TO PAY YOU DONT HAVE TO. THAT WAY YOU CAN KEEP A TRACH IT THEN SENDS A EMAIL SO YOU HAVE A RECORD ASWELL OF WHAT YOU PAID. WOULD NOT SET A DIRECT DEBIT UP HEARD TO MANY PROBLEMS AND IF THE BILL IS WRONG YOU HAVENT GOT A CHANCE TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK OFF A COMPANY.

sprotbro
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby sprotbro » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:48 pm

Have had a look at Epay, will have to see what the charges are, i would imagine its all the same for the EU.

horses
Super User!
Super User!

Postby horses » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:35 pm

We pay our bills direct debit with the DSK bank in Nessabur you can check on line if payments have been made.

Mal :D

Nessie
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Nessie » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:46 pm

Hi
we use Raiffeisenbank in sunny beach to pay all our bills via DD

ness

sprotbro
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby sprotbro » Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:14 pm

Thanks for the replies, where abouts is the Raiffeisenbank Ness, and do you know if you have to have a minimum amount in the account, thanks, paul.

Nessie
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Nessie » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:04 pm

The bank as i recall is near the police st in SB dont think they have a minimum amount.

http://www.rbb.bg/en-US/Private_Customers/

ness

Return to “General Discussion”