Paying Utility Bills

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:59 pm

The Bank is under the Diamond hotel, and next to the police station no minimum amount is needed

p3gg
<b>Property Management/Rentals</b>

Re: BILLS

Postby p3gg » Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:59 pm

construction_help wrote:WE PAY EVERYTHING THROUGH EPAY THAT WAY YOU CAN SEE WHAT YOU OWE AND IF YOU WANT TO PAY IT YOU JUST CLICK IF YOU DONT WANT TO PAY YOU DONT HAVE TO. THAT WAY YOU CAN KEEP A TRACH IT THEN SENDS A EMAIL SO YOU HAVE A RECORD ASWELL OF WHAT YOU PAID. WOULD NOT SET A DIRECT DEBIT UP HEARD TO MANY PROBLEMS AND IF THE BILL IS WRONG YOU HAVENT GOT A CHANCE TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK OFF A COMPANY.

About direct debit I would agree. As for epay, maybe it has the makings of being a good system, but be warned, it isn't entirely reliable. You're right when you say you have the option of paying or not paying each bill, but it's been known for epay to send out incorrect notifications, for their e-mails not to correspond with the amount stated as owing when you log in to your epay account, and for that not to match what E.ON say you actually owe. We helped out a permanent expat resident with exactly that situation a few months ago. He'd used epay for a few months, and it seemed OK to him, but he had nothing to check it against as he wasn't seeing bills with meter readings on them. Problem sorted with a visit to see the folks in the regional HQ, and he's now gone back to paying in cash.

Really there is no substitute for seeing a monthly piece of paper from the supplier, showing not only levs and stotinki but also dates and meter readings. As things stand, that's the only way you can be sure your bills are right. You don't get that if you pay via epay, nor if you pay by direct debit.

jimmym

PAYING ELECTRICTY BILLS?!?!

Postby jimmym » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:44 pm

I know this is a subject that has been tackled but all I ever see on the subject of paying electricty bills is regarding epay and setting up bank accounts etc.

What I want to know is how I can put my electricty account in credit. I have used electricty on a brief break at my apartment in Sunny Beach. I went to the post office with my EVN red card and tried to pay but they say the balance is nil at the moment and I cannot pay upfront.

The problem I now have is that I am back in the UK, do not have a Bulgarian bank account and don't really want the hassle of opening one either. I just want to pay a couple hundred levs that I can slowly eat away at whenever I go over there without having to worry about monthly bills.

I went to the EVN office to see if I could do this with them (i.e. credit the account upfront) but the answer was also no, however through broken English I got the understanding that I could simply send an international transfer to the bank details on the back of my red EVN card (which I'd never noticed before) using my account number as a reference and could therefore credit it this way.

In other words, without any Bulgarian bank etc. I could simply send funds from my own UK account direct to the EVN bank account and this would credit my account with whatever I funded it with.

I am not totally confident this will work or credit my account properly. Has anyone else done it this way and if so why does nobody ever mention it!

doberden
<b>Property Sales/Rental/Management</b>

Postby doberden » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:51 pm

Hi Jimmy

just pay it each time you come over, they dont cut you off under 50 levs, and i doubt you would use that much on a short break.

THEPOSSOM

Postby THEPOSSOM » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:16 am

Doberden, You're wrong at that, they DO cut the electricity for less than 50lv Last Feb when I arrived at home 20.00, went to put the fuses in there holders, but still the electricity didn't come on, so had to sleep in FREEZING temp,FULLY CLOTHED, plus ALL the BLANKETS I could find in the dark, on the next morning went to pay, and the bill came 58lv, with the connection fees included, so they DO CUT :lol: THE POSSUM

queserasera
Super User!
Super User!

Postby queserasera » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:19 am

Hi Jimmym,
We did send a bank transfer payment a few months ago direct to EVN and had no problem. The transaction left us with a small credit on the account that was deducted from the next bill.

However this was for a large outstanding communal bill (for an unmanaged complex), I would not normally send payment this way because of the associated bank charges. But I would think that if you are planning on sending enough to cover a years usage then this would be quite a cost effective way of paying your bills from home.

For my personal utility and municipal charges I use a bill payment service, it costs just 120 levs per year and I know my bills will be paid in my absence (which is 10 out of 12 months of the year) and I pay the money into an English bank account.

Q

jimmym

Postby jimmym » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:23 pm

doberden, I had been told the same thing recently but had no idea how much electricity 50lev would get me so have no idea if I am way under or way over. I also wondered how long they wouldn't cut me off for. I could understand if I didn't pay for a month or 2 but my last trip this year will be August and then am not likely to be back again until next June or July so thought that maybe even under 50 levs might lead to a cut off after 6-8 months of non-payment. Any ideas? This would most certainly be the easiest way to just pay for the last trips usasge every time I revisit if it works this way.

queserasera, so can I just clarify, you literally just sent a payment direct from your UK bank account to the EVN bank account details on the back of the red card? I assume you put the account number/digits on the front of your red card as a reference/comments on the payment?

To send a payment direct from my UK bank account is £9 plus probably not the best exchange rate in the World but to be honest I would rather be 15 quid or so out of pocket and know I'm going to have electricty when I turn up. And can this definitely CREDIT the account? i.e. My bill may only be 20lev (I have NO idea!) but I send 200 lev to cover things and next time I go to the Post Office they'll tell me I have 180 lev still in credit?

If I was to get cut off, how quickly is it reconnected?

queserasera
Super User!
Super User!

Postby queserasera » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:47 pm

Hi Jimmym,

I was in email correspondence with EVN at the time as we had been disconnected (the whole complex) they were actually very helpful. So I used the bank account details they gave me (which I assume are the same as on the red payment card) and I was instructed to give my account number as the payment reference. Note: you will need to make the payment in Euros.

We were completely disconnected for weeks (very large outstanding bill)and after we paid up we were promised it would be sorted in the new year (reconnection 15 levs a meter) but it was actually a good couple of weeks before we got word everything was back on. This may have been due to communication between the office and the rest of the EVN team, as I have read elsewhere that it is normally very quick to reconnect a supply.
Hope this helps.
Q

jimmym

Postby jimmym » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:13 pm

Thanks queserasera. Mmmmm, well maybe I'll try a small payment in Euros and see what happens (was going to send Lev!) as the next time I'm out there in August is only for 4 days so don't really want to get stuck with no electricity for the whole break.

Who is the service you use to pay your bills etc. as I have never paid any 'council tax' either as have no idea where or how (I'm in Sunny Beach).

rubbertoe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby rubbertoe » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:13 pm

You pay your council tax at the council offices in New Nessebar. You just go in and hand over your Bulstat card and they swipe it into the computer and you pay the amount due ..easy

Return to “General Discussion”