Paying Utility Bills

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Billy2

Postby Billy2 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:43 pm

As Owain said you can set up a uk bank or credit card using Epay - I did this a few months ago. The website is all in english, so no problems there

It did however take about 10 days for the card I registered to become active and able to pay a bill.

Max3369

Postby Max3369 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:35 am

Thanks to everyone for their great advice. I have registered in epay and when i am next over in Vlas will take the card registration with a confirmation on ATM advce slip and register my card in the local Vlas bank.
Only one thing I am not 100% sure - is once I have registered my card with the bank in Vlas- how does the connection with EVN work. Do I need to go into the bank with a bill and my account number to do this?

DANNIA
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby DANNIA » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:47 am

the registration number you should get from Epay, is what you put into the ATM, and thats the connection.
I assume you did get a number Max?
Not sure if there is a time limit for you to get to the atm and register it though, i have a feeling there is :?

Nikki

Max3369

Postby Max3369 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:03 am

Hi Nikki

Yes they gave me a code of the merchant number and a personal code number. So although I registered my card with epay- how do they know it is for EVN electricity- the code of the merchant they gave me- how does it related to EVN.
Sorry i seem a little confused as it is all new to me.

DANNIA
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby DANNIA » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:15 am

oops sorry Max
I misread your post
ahh well this is something else you will need to do.
Go to Bill Payment-register a new utility bill-then find EVN - ЕВН България Електроснабдяване АД
You will need to enter your meter point number as the subscription (though Im positive I entered my ИТН when i signed up for this so that might be in the EVN Plovdiv choice, sorry I can't remember)
registrations explanations you enter Electric Bill or whatever you want so you can identify it and tick the Notification for received payment

Mine was all trial and error but I got there in the end, hope you do too

Nikki

Max3369

Postby Max3369 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:21 am

Thanks again for hand holding me through this Nikki.

I have gone in and did as you say- I put the account number of my electricity from my little red card (8 digit number) into the subscription piece, however I am gathering that from what you previously said it should be my ITN number (from a bill)? If so I will ask my sister to bring one from my apartment back to me nect week - so I can complete the registration.

thanks a million for your help

Max

Max3369

Postby Max3369 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:50 pm

I actually got a Bulgarian email from epay to say I owed 19.19 - as it is in Bulgarian I am thinking it is levs- but will need to try and convert the email to English. So at least I know that epay is working from my system set up (just need to connect my credit card to one of the Bulgarian banks when I next go over).
As an aside I contacted Stefka Aleksieva at EVN- and what a wonderful responsive and helpful girl. I am looking at paying through internet direct too - although if this is costly will abandon for the epay format.
Almost there- phew!!

DANNIA
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby DANNIA » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:00 pm

Hiya Max
yes I would think it will be leva as I have just had mine today except mine was in English lol.
And yes Stefka is wonderful!

Nikki

Actually I forgot to mention to you that my bank (1st Investment) charges 15 stotinki's per payment, but I figure its worth it not to have to stand in the queue at the post office or not being able to get in in the winter. :wink:

Max3369

Postby Max3369 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:13 pm

Hi Nikki - how ya doing :D

I am always glad for your words of wisdom and keeping me on track.

I have a feeling paying via internet from UK will be very costly, but I am setting it up to maybe make a one off payment until my epay is completed as i know epay will always work out the cheapest in the long run.

Oh it is fun paying bills :cry:

DANNIA
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby DANNIA » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:19 pm

Max3369 wrote:
Oh it is fun paying bills :cry:

lol that made me laugh, I remember for many months we could get no bills for our house and that of a friend's in the village, despite the fact we visited nearly every week in that time and told them many times that someone was living in these houses, we were asked "are they using electric" yes we replied, lighting, heating, cooking, so eventually they agreed to send someone out on an agreed day and agreed time to read the meters which were inside the houses, from that time on we got the meter read frequently and bills each time they were read, but I remember how excited I was each time we got a bill, no matter how high it was, it was just a relief to finally be paying and not worrying about being cut off.

The stupid thing is, that first meter reading they did, between the two houses amounted to around 1000 leva, and yet they will cut you off for a few leva if you're late paying once a bill has been issued!

I love EPAY!

Return to “General Discussion”