Mosquittos and other things that fly and bite

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
jue

Mosquittos and other things that fly and bite

Postby jue » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:29 pm

Can anyone help with advise about the above. :?:

We have just bought a house near a freshwater stream, we have 3 children so aren't bothered about snakes and lizzard - the snakes and lizzards should be worried about our kids though. :twisted:

What does concern us is the possibility of mosquittos and other flying nasties - are there many around, do we need to bring a suitcase full of ani septic cream.

We would really appreciate the benefit of anyones expertise
:idea:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Nikki

Postby Nikki » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:33 pm

....can't answer your query; but if flying nasties are a problem try giving the children garlic capsules (depending on age of course) the insects won't find them as tasty.

Regards

Nikki

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:41 pm

My daughter bought some braclets from Childrens World last year for her son they worked very well also Jungle wipes are very good.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
carriemc
<b>Rental Agent</b>

Postby carriemc » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:41 pm

Make sure any house you get fly screens for all windows & doors. I have fly screens & mosquito nets on beds as we are near a river and have quite a problem in Bulgaria.

Take loads of Avon skin so soft - woodland fern scented only - think this product might have changed its name but ask your local AVON lady.

This is what all the fisherman use as a midge repellent in west of scotland and have been told it works well for mosquitos. Failing this buy yourself some fly repellent with Neem (Indian Tee Tree), this works for me and I am a magnet for all biting insects!

Caroline

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
carriemc
<b>Rental Agent</b>

Postby carriemc » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:04 pm

Fly screens are widely available for doors & windows - funnily enough mosquito nets for beds not! We brought ours from UK.

If you do get bitten Lanacaine cream works wonders - don't know if its available in Bg, don't think so but readily available here.

Caroline

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
benson

Postby benson » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:39 pm

I must admit mosquito's always hunt me out as well! We do rely on aircon in the summer --basically the windows are shut, but screens over doors and windows are just the job. Don't forget whilst you are out and about you will need protection--I use AUTAN and I must admist it gives 100% protection literally (based on my experience over 9 years!). Garlic and smoking also seem to help (though I do not smoke) but I am not sure i would recommend the smoking for kids!!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
janhar

Postby janhar » Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:47 pm

hi all
don't know about BG but in other similar places the garlic worked as did drinking tonic water [yuk].
btw are the snakes poisonous? i'm not scared of lizards and snakes as long as the snakes aren't poisonous. 8O
jan

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
AJ113
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby AJ113 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:46 am

The flies definitely do bite! I've never experienced that before, only in BG.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
7RED
Super User!
Super User!

Postby 7RED » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:55 am

hi oldtimer

Do you have any more details about those bracelets from Childrens World, (never heard of the store before) the wee p has inherited her dads sweet blood, an the mossies come from miles around to dine on us.

7red

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:22 am

Hi Red will find out who makes etc and see if I can send one over to you. She must be the same as me one mossie 60,000000000000.00 people and it bits me.

Return to “General Discussion”