Sofia Rentals

Ask for or give advice here on property letting and the rental market.

Moderator: Moderator

BKM

Sofia Rentals

Postby BKM » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:22 pm

Hi

Are there any Sofia owners sucessfully renting their apts either short or long term. Anyone in the dragaletsi area or surrounding i.e. not central
Apt will be ready for rent in few months.
Not sure of who to use or who to trust.
If you have an apartment could you let me know which co. or diy option you chose, and more importantly what you would recommend.
Thanks for any info.

BKM

Postby BKM » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:12 pm

I cant believe there are no sofia owners here !!

njw
Super User!
Super User!

Postby njw » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:25 pm

type in squiff in search ,she has rented her apt out in sofia

MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:34 pm

Hi BKM,
A great way to find others in your area is to use the Property Owner Search located in the left hand column under the green 'Information' title. Just click the link then click on the map in the area you're interested in - and a list of other members there will appear on the right! Purely voluntary, but you might like to add yourself to the map which can be done through your Profile Page.

http://www.mybulgaria.info/property-own ... garia.html

Good Luck, Mod 8)

Sofiabuyer
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Sofia rentals

Postby Sofiabuyer » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:23 pm

I've bought in Sofia, but no luck renting it out as yet. Have it with Foros property management. They seem ok but getting slower to reply to mails!
Also interested to hear from other people.

brad

Postby brad » Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:39 pm

Hi there ,

If its any help to you i will advertise your property to rent on my website and charge £25 per week that i book for you. I know a husband and wife team who live in sofia who will organize cleaning and airport pick ups if this is any good to you please email me at info@golfnskibulgaria.com

Regards, Brad.

Sofiabuyer
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Sofia Rentals

Postby Sofiabuyer » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:32 pm

Well I've finally rented my apartment! I rented it using Foros letting agency and have found them quite good and responsive to emails. ANother contact I got but didn't have to use in the end is
Nelly Pateva [nelly.pateva@abv.bg]

Let me know how anyone else gets on,

SB.

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:03 pm

I'm about to rent a place through Eva Kostakeva (0889 231 078) who has also been successful in finding places for two friends here in the 1000-1500 euro a month range. She speaks good English, sends details quickly and with photos and is very easy on the eye to boot.

BKM

Postby BKM » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:35 am

Hi

Do you have a contact email for Eva as I'm trying to find an agent

bobinsofia

Re: Sofia Rentals

Postby bobinsofia » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:48 pm

Sofiabuyer wrote:Well I've finally rented my apartment! I rented it using Foros letting agency and have found them quite good and responsive to emails. ANother contact I got but didn't have to use in the end is
Nelly Pateva [nelly.pateva@abv.bg]

Let me know how anyone else gets on,

SB.

I know this is an old thread but I would *highly* recommend that you do *not* use Nelly Pateva / Nelly Borislavova Pateva (nelly.pateva@abv.bg) (Нели Бориславова Патева / Нели Патева) as a property manager - she's running a real scam. She attempted to cheat me and at least one other tenant on the bills to the tune of a couple of hundred Euros each. She was caught red handed because the invoices showed only a fraction of what she was trying to collect.

I have also heard unconfirmed reports that she is renting out apartments in the building at Nikolai Haitov No. 2 for significantly higher rents than she is informing and paying the owners for. Example: tenant pays 400 and the owner believes the apartment is rented for 300. I've even heard that some apartments that are rented are reported to the owners as vacant. I have also heard several unconfirmed reports that she is double billing the owners and the tenants for "building fees" or "common area fees". It's impossible to determine for sure because nobody is in contact with any of the owners and she refuses to allow tenants to speak directly with any of the owners.

She is currently evicting someone I know from an apartment there claiming that "the owner wants to sell", however she refuses to let the tenant stay until the apartment sells, she also refuses to put the tenant in contact with the owner and she refuses to divulge what the asking price of the apartment is. It seems to me the best interest of the owner would be to allow the tenant to stay until the apartment sells (if it sells - it's a bad market now) and to also freely discuss the asking price since the existing tenant might like to purchase.

Highly recommend you stay away from Nelly Pateva. Feel free to PM me for additional details.
Last edited by bobinsofia on Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Property Letting Advice”