Two Ad Websites to Avoid

Ask for or give advice here on property letting and the rental market.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
houseman
Super User!
Super User!

Two Ad Websites to Avoid

Postby houseman » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:41 pm

A word of caution about spending £116 on Holidaylets.net advertising website. In three months it has not provided me with a single enquiry. Best avoided IMO.

I have recently cancelled my listing on Villarenters website following months of misery with log-in problems and lack of adequate support. Again. no enquiries from them either and I was worried that I could not have handled any bookings anyway due to the problems. They also don't let any of their readers have access to your own website (probably because they load the booking charge with their commission - at both ends).

Into the recycle bin they go!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
rgawith
Super User!
Super User!

any you do recommend

Postby rgawith » Thu May 22, 2008 5:08 pm

Are there any paid rental sites you would recommend that you get consistent bookings from? I am considering ruralbulgaria.com - any thoughts?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
AJ113
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby AJ113 » Thu May 22, 2008 5:26 pm

Agree about holidaylettings i tried them a couple of years ago and got nothing. I have to disagree about villarenters. It is the only site that has ever produced bookings for me.

Can't comment on the issues that Houseman has had, but I can say that as a bog standard user I have total access to my website and I can change any aspect of it that I want to. The only thing that I am not allowed to do is post links to other sites in the property description, other than that I have full control.

Villarenters - as far as I know - is the only owners site where customers can not only check availability online but they can book and pay too, so that by the time you receive notification of your your booking, the tenant has already paid. All without even having any contact with the tenant. Marvellous.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
ERICAANDJOHN

Postby ERICAANDJOHN » Thu May 22, 2008 5:51 pm

Hi Houseman,

Just saw your coment about villarentals, I actually enquired about your place about 4 weeks ago and didnt get a reply from them so I just started looking and found this one and I have since booked this place in Osenovo ( may have spelt that wrong) just thought you would want to know someone saw it so good luck renting it out

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
houseman
Super User!
Super User!

two rental websites to avoid

Postby houseman » Thu May 22, 2008 6:12 pm

AJ113, I am sure it works well when it works, otherwise it would have gone down the tubes by now, but try as i might over many months, I still couldn't sort out the log-in errors and neither could they. Can't deal with people like that I'm afraid.
EricaandJohn, sorry not to have been there for you; I'm surprised our listing is still there, although I guess it's in their interests to keep it there (along with many others I expect) as it looks better for them to have as many listings as possible.
rgawith, no experience of ruralbulgaria.com I'm sorry: our apt is at the seaside, so wouldn't be appropriate. Our main customers these days aren't Brits at all, which probably accounts for why the holidaylets.net site has been so useless.
My general view is that if an ad website is free it's not worth the effort; they just want you to boost their listings before selling the site to someone else at an inflated price. Maybe.
Nor does it follow that spending a fortune on ads will bring in the bookings: we did a year on holidaylettings.co.uk and didn't get one booking out of the dozens of enquiries we got.
Try doing a Google search using a phrase that you think your kind of customers would search with, and see which sites come out in the top three.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
allet
<b>Property Sales/Rentals</b>

Postby allet » Thu May 22, 2008 6:55 pm

Out of all the paid advertising sites, www.holidaylettings.co.uk have been best for me but I did cancel them due to increased yearly fees.

Allet

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
feebib

property letting

Postby feebib » Fri May 23, 2008 4:40 pm

Hi there,

This year we've had only 3 bookings - 1 referral, i from someone we know through someone else and 1 from holidaylettings. The last couple of weeks there has been more interest in our website. Suppose that might be because of the euro rate and the small amount of publicity Bulgaria has had about still being good value for money.

We've a couple of weeks peak season left and have discounted them by £50 per week.

A colleague has had all his bkgs through holidaylets so I think it's still a bit of a lottery at the moment.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
houseman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby houseman » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:42 am

Just a courtesy update on holidaylets.net - we have now had one enquiry, but nothing has come of it by way of a booking.

When the web ad sales people say that just one booking pays for your listing, they may be right, but sometimes it never comes. :cry:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Joff

Postby Joff » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:47 pm

Have to say that I have had no problems at all with Villarenters.com + had a few bookings from them now - no cost to join, only a % of the booking which is fair enough.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
polmachina
<b>Property Sales/Rentals</b>

Postby polmachina » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:25 pm

Hi
Have to agree with Joff.
All our bookings for Vlas this year have come through Villarenters and you can't complain about the commision because they do actually earn it.
They hold a breakage deposit and collect all the payments for you and if you don't get any bookings you pay nothing.
You get to see the amount of viewings on your properties and they text you and email you to tell you any updates from the clients.
I highly recommend them.

Return to “Property Letting Advice”