Russian Booking - what documents do I give them ?

Ask for or give advice here on property letting and the rental market.

Moderator: Moderator

LUCI
Super User!
Super User!

Postby LUCI » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:08 pm

Shouldnt be a problem they can only pay in not draw out.

carriemc
<b>Rental Agent</b>

Postby carriemc » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:37 pm

A lot of my customers pay me via direct debit to my UK bank account with no problems.

Caroline

allet
<b>Property Sales/Rentals</b>

Postby allet » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:41 pm

ronnie wrote:I would rather transfer into my UK bank account if they can. Is it ok to give out bank details such as sort code and account no do you think? I cant see why not.

For an international transfer the customer will need to know your:

Name
Bank ( Lloyds TSB for example )
IBAN number
BIC/Swift Number
Possibly a receivers address.

Good luck. I'll always have this booking if you don't want it! :D

Allet

MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:50 am

jorders asked:

Rentals to Russian citizens

Hi ,

Please see email below regarding visa to visit Bulgaria.Can anyone give any advice on the best way forward,

Many thanks,

Jorders

Dear Paul,

We are ready to make a decission, but we faced a problem with Bulgarian embassy in Moscow. Besides other documents for visa they require rental agreement from realty agency. In case we sign agreement with individual they demand an agreement certified by bulgarian lawyer.

The only way for us, as I see it, to sign the contract with the bulgarian agency. Please advise if you have opportunity to rent the apartment via local agency. I understand that they will take a commission but we ready to pay reasonable price for it.

Appreciate your prompt reply.
Maria

carriemc replied:

Have you sent them a rental agreement?

I was asked for this recently by a couple who are renting from me as one of them is a Russian citizen. They have confirmed their booking so I am presuming that the rental agreement I gave them was enough for their purposes, and I am just a private individual not an agency.

I could ask them if they have had any problems if it helps you out.

Get in touch if I can help.
Caroline

Tassotti

Postby Tassotti » Wed May 06, 2009 11:21 pm

Whichever way you accept payment, make sure it has cleared before you agree to let out the property.

There are a lot of scam artists out there and just make sur you are not a victim.

Ade

MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:26 pm

Moscow Wolf added:

Having gone through the procedure of renting a property in Bulgaria from a UK citizen, I can assure you that to obtain visas for Russians via the Bulgarian Embassy in Moscow is not as easy as you might think.

My Russian Girlfriend was TOLD when she applied for a visa to Bulgaria to produce documentation that the 'foreigner' who owned the property we were renting to produce evidence that a) she owned the property and b) that all taxes on the property had been paid.

Now, as you might imagine, that caused me some problems as I did not really know what was required or when or how these documents could be obtained as the owner lives in the UK and that time, I did not know her Property Managers and time was kind of short. In the end, I was lucky enough to find a Bulgarian 'friend' who worked in the Embassy and got my GF in legally, but through the back door so to speak.

Now, the lesson here is, it is NOT a SCAM, it is a requirement of the Bulgarian Embassy when Russian require visas to rent PRIVATE property in Bulgaria. Bulgaria is part of the EU and Russia is not (nor, probably ever will be), so my advice is this; if you want to let to Russians, be prepared to obtain NOTARIZED copies of the relevant documents they request as nothing can be lost on copies.

Your other option is to find a friendly Hotel owner who would confirm a booking for your Russian guests and send the booking confirmation to them also.

Sorry, but if you want their custom, you will have to be prepared to offer a little extra than is necessary for ordinary EU citizens. Bulgaria is in the process of trying to make the visa process for Russians easier, school parties over a certain number get their visa processed for free and Russians that own properties here in Bulgaria are 'supposed' to obtain their 'D' type visas a little easier. Well that is the theory, but bureaucracy is still ruling in most Embassy's these days.

Good luck although it is probably too late for this season, but you are forewarned for next season.

Ps. Russians also have problems 'transferring' money overseas via banks, but most know how to send cash via Western Union etc. Where there is a will, there is a way, but just do not expect them to act like EU citizens, because the system and constraints are different. Plus, don't put a welcoming bottle of wine, put a good Vodka there instead and you're in.

truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby truckyboy » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:31 am

keep the money..tell them its for your inconvenience, but do not, and never ever send anyone documents...after all would you ask the owners for legal documents for a holiday booking !!!

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:33 am

Is it worth the hassle ? And is there a risk of being scammed ? I know aht I would do but of course everyone has to assess the situation themselves !

brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:05 pm

BGBiker wrote:DO NOT SEND ORIGINALS, GIVE THE MONEY BACK AND GET SHOT OF EM!!!!

We have had Russians in and out for the last 4 years and NEVER ONCE had we had to even help them with a Visa, as far as I know there is NO NEED for this end to get involved in a visa application.

Send your documents and bank details and me thinks you may end up with an empty bank account, 20 credit cards in your name, and no apartment.

Not worth it.

Nessie
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Nessie » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:52 pm

We had Russians in our apartment for 3 months and never sent them anything, just booking form. and they never ask for anything either.

Return to “Property Letting Advice”