ADVICE - sensible please for property rental

Ask for or give advice here on property letting and the rental market.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
chrisbelfast
Super User!
Super User!

Postby chrisbelfast » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:36 pm

starby wrote:Hi Trudy

The only thing that I will add is that its sometimes better to be more flexible about the days. If most of your bookings will come from around the Manchester area and you aren't advertising anywhere else then not such a problem. Having looked at the flight schedule into Bourgas this year, there are far fewer flights from the north than previously.
We have clients that are prepared to take people with very little notice because there is no shortage of apartments to rent. They are also prepared to let out for 2 or 3 days at a time if they are not let. This is really useful for people that are looking around the area or like my family, who like to spend a few days in SB.

I agree Starby, you have to be flexible, I am flexible with mine to a certain point on the price, but when people what it for nothing after you offering them a decent deal, you can't give it away. I've had that before myself. I don't mind what day people arrive, as flights from all areas arrive on varied days so best to keep your market open. There is a lot of apartments around so being flexible I think is important. If I had no bookings coming in within a certain time scale, I would have no problem with short stay or weekend stays.

Chris

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Trudyw
Super User!
Super User!

advice

Postby Trudyw » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:50 pm

Thanks Chris, I am flexible, but this fella booked his flights before we even agreed or got dates from him, good job we were not booked.

Had 2 of the weeks booked already as its the school hols, i can be flexible when people are considerate and actually ask first !!

Trudy

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
chrisbelfast
Super User!
Super User!

Re: advice

Postby chrisbelfast » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:19 pm

Trudyw wrote:Thanks Chris, I am flexible, but this fella booked his flights before we even agreed or got dates from him, good job we were not booked.

Had 2 of the weeks booked already as its the school hols, i can be flexible when people are considerate and actually ask first !!

Trudy

Hi Trudy,
That guy sounds work :lol: .....lucky you don't have to deal with him anymore. Yes people being considerate helps a lot and of course working in around dates that are open :D

Best of luck with your apartment, it looks nice and I'm sure you'll do well out of it,

Chris

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Trudyw
Super User!
Super User!

Advice

Postby Trudyw » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:23 pm

Thank Chris

think we had a lucky escape , thanks for your help and advice

Trudy

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
AJ113
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby AJ113 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:37 pm

starby wrote:...... They are also prepared to let out for 2 or 3 days at a time if they are not let. ....
Well I'm not. Once you've deducted the property cleaning, laundry, property management and admin charges it's not worth it. If you're reduced to letting out for two or three days I'd say it's time to throw in the towel.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
domino
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby domino » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:29 pm

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:16 am

You were right to refuse his offer. Unfortunately Bulgaria attracts a fair number of cheapskates.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
SurreySAM

Postby SurreySAM » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:06 am

Hi Trudy,

I agree with your lucky escape comment. His general attitude makes you wonder how he would have treated your appartment and it's fittings.

There is always a cheaper option somewhere, it really depends on what you want. Looking forward to your next posting "should I charge a premium" where this guy has seen his abode for the next 4 weeks and is desperate to stay at your place.

cheers

Steve

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Trudyw
Super User!
Super User!

Advice

Postby Trudyw » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:16 am

Thank everyone,

We are flexible but will not rent out at a loss .

God knows what his hotel is like full board and under £10 a day !!!!!!!! We all know bulgaria can be cheap , but that is very cheap.

We are not reliant on bookings , they are just there to help us pay for more than 3 flights a year to visit our apartment.

We donate money to charity for bookings to our works charity, brownies, school etc. We have booking for next year already, we were just a little last for people booking this year which we knew we would be.

Thanks again and for those in the UK enjoy the snow this weekend

Trudy

Return to “Property Letting Advice”