Holiday Bookings for 2010

Ask for or give advice here on property letting and the rental market.

Moderator: Moderator

shebry
Super User!
Super User!

holiday bookings

Postby shebry » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:44 pm

Hi
I think it is important to give as many options as possible when offering holidays. Because we wanted to see and be part of Bulgarian culture we chose to purchase in a little village but within easy reach of the sea and amenities. Horses for courses as they say
Our guests who returned last week wrote in our visitors book, Thank you so much for our two weeks at your Villa. We had a wonderful time. It really is such a beautiful and peaceful place. We returned totally rested and our batteries re-charged, just what the Doctor ordered
I told them yesterday that I was extending the holiday season into October and I have just had a phone call from friends of theirs to say that they want to book the second week of October, Great :D
I might have to get some log's in for the evenings, but that is no problem

Loobs

Postby Loobs » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:10 am

So, what are people finding in terms of prices having to be reduced from previous years? Lots of mention of "price it right", is that a case of seeing what others are doing by trawling web sites?

P.S. Great to see that you are all up and running again, Shebry (I am assuming that it is Villa Lorna that you are talking about here?).

houseman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby houseman » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:54 am

Having rented our apartment for four years now, I have left behind the slide rule and taken to using the seat of my pants 8O

I have always taken the view that it is better to be booked than empty, so yes, I looked at a number of listing sites advertising properties served by the same airport (Varna in our case), and used them as a starting point.

You do have to decide what is comparable and what is not; for example I decided that a location almost on the sand made up for the lack of a pool, but not so much so that I could charge a large premium. I may have undersold the apartment in this way, but I have always been happy with the occupancy rates.

This was the slowest year of the four, even though I increased the advertising net and reduced prices. In fact it is the only time I have ever had to resort to a Last-Minute offer for the last remaining ten days of the summer season.

Euroland customers account for most of our bookings nowadays, and it will be my principal concern not to price them out of the market. :D

shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shebry » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:57 am

Loobs wrote:So, what are people finding in terms of prices having to be reduced from previous years? Lots of mention of "price it right", is that a case of seeing what others are doing by trawling web sites?

P.S. Great to see that you are all up and running again, Shebry (I am assuming that it is Villa Lorna that you are talking about here?).

Yes Loobs, you are correct, it is Villa Lorna I am pleased to say
Regarding your comment about the "price is right" My personal opinion is that the marketing and sales literature with strong photographs are the most important aspect of selling a holiday, and of course pitching it at the right cliental. The old saying, you only get what you pay for
Cheers
shebry

Return to “Property Letting Advice”