grading of apartment complexes

Ask for or give advice here on property letting and the rental market.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
eyeballto
<b>Property Management</b>

grading of apartment complexes

Postby eyeballto » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:09 am

as we all know there have been many complex's selling apartments in 4 star complex's. 2 years after completion our complex has been given an offical 2 stars.

now i look at the other 3 star hotels in the resort and indeed stayed in 2 of them and they are old 70's 80's dumps. so looking at these ours is indeed a 4 star. i know thats not a reason for mine to have 4 stars and as going to the complex monday im going to try and find out why just 2 stars given

so ive a 2 star apartment i paid a 4 star price... i see other complex's apart from my own still plying their trade as 4 stars as they havent been graded yet. feel quite jealous looking at the internet adverts to see these other very similar complexes with a nice number of stars advertised

so have we all been conned paying 4 star prices and if so can you do anything about it??

thanks in advance for any replies.

paul

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Seedy
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Seedy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:22 am

As far as I'm aware (and certainly open to correction!) the "official" star system is run by BHRA but their standards, albeit supposedly conforming to European norms, are rather haphazard and no doubt open to being influenced by a "present". Moreover, many complex owners (and hoteliers and restaurateurs) have no problem with awarding themselves as many stars as they feel appropriate.

Like most things in Bulgaria, and indeed in life, the trick is to use your own criteria and "award" as many, or few, stars as you feel appropriate. Many tourist establishments around the world are opting out of official schemes anyway - they prefer to let the reports of their establishments on reputable internet sites like Tripadvisor speak for the quality of their facilities :wink:
Last edited by Seedy on Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
theweeton
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby theweeton » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:54 am

The Bulgarians look on the official award system differently.
The Bulgaian nature is one of tax and fee avoidance, the more stars you have the more you are charged in gov fees etc.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
BusyBob

Postby BusyBob » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:17 am

theweeton wrote:The Bulgarians look on the official award system differently.
The Bulgaian nature is one of tax and fee avoidance, the more stars you have the more you are charged in gov fees etc.

hahaha very true... been here a while and tickles me the way the Bulgarians go about things, a lot can be learned from them, my other half thinks i have turned ferile but i think the way things are done here, especially self suffiency, are done this way for a reason and i dont believe just for economic reasons. They have lived this way for decades and I for one can see the logic in what they do and the way they go about doing it. Can't see any point expecting british standards of goods and services here, cost too much and to my mind not needed
I learn to adapt and accept and why not. My other half may think i have gone ferile but i prefer the term turned Bulgarian. Lest we not forget why we are here, cheap houses, cheap booze and fags, fantastic weather, slower pace of life... make the most of it and get ready for the EU band wagon rolling into a town near you.
Bob! 8O

Return to “Property Letting Advice”