advertize to Bulgarian tourist

Ask for or give advice here on property letting and the rental market.

Moderator: Moderator

Franzi
<b>Rental Agent</b>

advertize to Bulgarian tourist

Postby Franzi » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:52 am

Assuming the MOD allows, I would like to introduce a group of websites that can help you find Bulgarian tourists.

One of the websites bgvakancia.com has been first in google.bg for beach villas (vili na moreto) and beach apartments (apartamenti na moreto) for a couple of years.

Last summer, it seems that Bulgarians discovered the advantages of self-catering accommodations and we had a lot of traffic for beach apartments and villas. By all indications, this summer will be even better.

If someone is interested in signing up, we can offer a two months promotional period. Basically, the ad will appear on all of our websites for two months for free. If by the end of that period you determine that the advert works for you, the cost is 30 euro for six months. No payment is necessary until then.

We do all the translations and can help creating the ad.

My www link shows how the averts look like. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Franzi

brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:05 am

Hey Franzi

Why not give 4 months so it covers the July & August season as well. If someone gets lots of bookings then I am sure they will be happy to pay for the 12 months thereafter ? There's probably more chance of a happy punter in July/August than April/May.

Just a thought.

B :D

Franzi
<b>Rental Agent</b>

Postby Franzi » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:16 am

From our experience, usually two months is enough to get convinced but some flexibility is possible (for MyBulgaria fellows only). Essentially, we are interested in having more international owners to join our 700 or so Bulgarian properties owners, and can be flexible.

brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:40 am

MYBG Fellows are on the whole, rather honest people (and I use that term quite loosely), and they are a good captive audience.

I am sure if you give them 4 months, and they get lots of bookings, that they have the honesty, integrity and fairness to pay you. They would actually be daft not to, as you have proved your worth.

I would, but then I'm a nice chap (MOD's please don't comment)

Full credit to you and good luck with the venture.

Brian :D

cazpaul
Super User!
Super User!

Postby cazpaul » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:56 pm

Hi Franzi I had our place on your site for a while. We did get a few enquiries but each time they realised we were not Bulgarian they put down the phone and never heard from them again. I can speak some bulgarian but we never seemed to get that far...

houseman
Super User!
Super User!

Postby houseman » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:02 pm

cazpaul wrote:Hi Franzi I had our place on your site for a while. We did get a few enquiries but each time they realised we were not Bulgarian they put down the phone and never heard from them again. I can speak some bulgarian but we never seemed to get that far...

That's a bit odd, seeing that the website is in English.
:?: :?: :?:

brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:06 pm

houseman wrote:
cazpaul wrote:Hi Franzi I had our place on your site for a while. We did get a few enquiries but each time they realised we were not Bulgarian they put down the phone and never heard from them again. I can speak some bulgarian but we never seemed to get that far...

That's a bit odd, seeing that the website is in English.
:?: :?: :?:

Houseman...You lost the plot too ?

http://www.bgvakancia.com/

Franzi
<b>Rental Agent</b>

Postby Franzi » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:08 pm

It does happen sometimes, people feeling uncomfortable with the language. One option is to include our phone number alongside yours in the advert. Then, we can take the inquiry, pass it on to you, and generally serve as intermediaries.

There is no cost to that. In fact, we've been doing it for larger groups of tourists who feel they need some guidance with the various features of the properties.

One thing we found running these websites for several years is that trust is paramount in bookings. Then, we became more flexible helping tourists who need assistance instead of leaving only the owner-to-tourist channel. Of course this adds to the cost of the operation but it raises the number of bookings. Tourists seem to like the idea that, if they want, they can call us for help.

With so many Bulgarians having children in the last few years, apartments and villas became more recognized as accommodation options. You all know the advantages compared to hotels. And, since many of these properties are foreign owned, I suppose that the language barrier would have to be overcome one way or another.

houseman
Super User!
Super User!

Re: advertize to Bulgarian tourist

Postby houseman » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:47 pm

Franzi wrote:

My www link shows how the averts look like. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Franzi

Well, Brian, I clicked on the www button and got an English only holiday lettings website (http://www.holidays359.com/)!

Hence I was surprised that Bulgarians were wanting to speak to owners in Bulgarian and ringing off when they couldn't have the conversation.

All together now - Duuuuh!

Franzi
<b>Rental Agent</b>

Postby Franzi » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:39 am

My www link is the English language version only. The Bulgarian language websites that is top in Google.bg is:

http://www.bgvakancia.com/

All the websites in our group of websites are listed here:

www.visit359.com

The ads are entered in one place but they are published in several of the websites in Bulgarian and in English.

Return to “Property Letting Advice”