Dogs Barking All Night

Whats it like? What to expect? How does it work? Questions and answers here about 'any' aspect of....'the good life'!

Moderator: Moderator

varnagirl
Super User!
Super User!

Postby varnagirl » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:07 pm

scot47 wrote:The options would seem to be either learn to live with it or move back whence you came.

easier said than done ...in either case !

dvdtv
Super User!
Super User!

Postby dvdtv » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:16 pm

Very well said Varnagirl, and a very valid point

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:35 pm

"God grant me the sereneity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."
Last edited by scot47 on Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grunty
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby grunty » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:37 pm

I live in the centre of Exeter Devon and at night the local dogs bark and as I am typing this I can here them barking now, when I lived in the country the first cockerels started at 4.30 am.
Fact of life, get on with it.
Also lived next to a train track, at first could not here the telly over the noise, after two monthes we couldnt here the trains
Grunty

dvdtv
Super User!
Super User!

Postby dvdtv » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:04 pm

Having lived here for 4 years, i still hear the dogs as much as i did when i first arrived, so no dog noise deafness yet, and like many of the others who have posted, they also have lived here for a long time, and are a bit fed up of dogs.
It`s not a point of getting on with it, i think many want to get away from it, but this is not very easy to do

johnbaz
<b>Tradesman</b>

Postby johnbaz » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:12 pm

Some people live here all the time scot . And i am sure we are not talking about the same amount of barking in Exeter , If i can stop my dog from barking its head off so can most Bulgarians . Most never get a walk and are alarms on a chain , Cockerels you can do nothink with so that is a sound i can put up with . I can put up with dogs as well as we have aircon and just close the door .

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:17 pm

Why should Bulgarians adapt their lives to suit a handful of arrogant incomers ? You have left Little England behind and now live uin Bulgaria. When in Rome..............................

And johnbaz I was living in BG as a permanent resident when you were still in short pants !!

B52
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby B52 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:22 pm

Scot47 said
The options would seem to be either learn to live with it or move back whence you came.

Reminds me of the policeman at KAT who said "if you don't like it, go home". I wasn't sure whether he meant Zlatina or the UK.

Scot47 also said
"God grant me the sereneity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to chnage the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future." J. F. Kennedy

"If you don't like the way the world is, you change it. You have an obligation to change it. You just do it one step at a time." Marian Wright Edelman

Having said that... there are many dogs in the area that bark (and cats that have confrontations of different types), we are less than 2km from a train track (and you can hear the trains), we are less than 2km from a motorway (fortunately, we haven't heard that yet), the birds appear to sing all night, we have all our windows open. I don't know if it is age, all the work that we do around the house and garden during the day or watching a movie on TV1000 until 1 a.m., but we usually sleep like babies (although, I hope that isn't an omen, I don't want to have to start changing his diaper at 4 a.m. anytime soon).

johnbaz
<b>Tradesman</b>

Postby johnbaz » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:26 pm

As i say when you live here full time it does get on you nerves . Scot i still wear shot pants .

thedichingang

Postby thedichingang » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:46 pm

i think scott has a bark worse than his bite - hence he is often muzzled at night - no barking at night in his village! :D

dogs bark everywhere we live in a very large rural area. the most important issue has to be relating to dog ownership and owners responsibilities standards are somewhat poor with many in BG

Return to “Village Life - including Gardening, Agriculture, Flora and Fauna Advice”