LPG autogas

For advice, tips and information on new travel routes/prices to Bulgaria or needing internal travel advice? This is the right Forum!

Moderator: Moderator

Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Re: LPG autogas

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:16 pm

noddy wrote:Across the road from both bus stations in yambol

Thanks Noddy, but could you be a bit more specific as I only know of the main bus station by the Market. Name of the garage or something?

Cheers.

noddy
Super User!
Super User!

LPG autogas

Postby noddy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:44 pm

As you go to the main bus station by the Market when the buses go in you look left you will see a small shop 20 or 30mtr back

gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:56 pm

One downside of LPG is that you're not allowed in many tunnels.

pj61
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

LPG prices

Postby pj61 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:37 pm

What is the current price of LPG in Bulgaria what is the system like when MOT is due "don't know the equivalent name yet"

As we are still living in Turkey price is currently 1.96TL lit used to be 1.30TL

theweeton
Mega User!
Mega User!

Re: LPG prices

Postby theweeton » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:09 am

pj61 wrote:What is the current price of LPG in Bulgaria what is the system like when MOT is due "don't know the equivalent name yet"

As we are still living in Turkey price is currently 1.96TL lit used to be 1.30TL

The equivalent of mot is not interested in lpg but you should to have the lpg system checked annually by an approved testing station who stamp a little book you are should to have.
Not sure of the price because I never look but it does vary winter to summer with everybody filling their domestic gaz bottles (oops we don't do that any more do we 8O )

Blaiddog

LPG gas enroute to BG

Postby Blaiddog » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:22 pm

Hello,I was wondering if anyone has done the trip from the UK to BG with an LPG car and how easy it is to fill up enroute,also just wondered what the fuel prices are like in BG petrol/derv/lpg any help would be welcome many thanks Ade

LUCI
Super User!
Super User!

Postby LUCI » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:32 pm

we have done it many times and believe it or not Germany was the hardest in which to find LPG on the autobahns - we last did it in Oct 09 and we did think that it was getting better - we seemed to find more on the return route than on the outward journey! we just made sure we were full of both petrol and gas so that if we ran out we had an alternative!

theweeton
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby theweeton » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:44 pm

Filing with lpg is either getting better or I am getting to know where and when to fill en route Bg U.K.
It is worth pointing out that you will need adaptors as mainland western europe have different lpg fittings to U.K and Bg,most garages supply them but some do not. There is still no LPG in Hungry on the motorway apart from on the hungarian/Austrian border to the best of my knowledge.
I only travel with half a tank of petrol to keep the weight down but a full tank is good advise for first timers.
My last trip with one passenger and seats down fully loaded vauxhall zafria cost £216. One simple way of keeping fuel costs to a minimum is to pay in local currency
edited to say costs include all vignettes except Roumania

amron
Super User!
Super User!

LPG

Postby amron » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:13 am

I haven't read all the 7 pages so sorry if I repeat a statement previously mentioned, but why do you not get your heads together and come up with a "LPG route map". It looks like some of you struggle to find lpg in other countries, I am really suprised how available it is here in Bg.
An ex of mine had a contract to supply it in the uk but it never took off however that was 25 years ago so maybe too new an idea for then.
happy travelling folks

bigbulg
<b>Legal Services</b>

Postby bigbulg » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:33 am

If you use aTomtom/satnavs you can get POI's with all the LPG forecourts in Europe.

Return to “Getting to & travelling in Bulgaria”