Up-to-date hints on hungary/romania route to bg

For advice, tips and information on new travel routes/prices to Bulgaria or needing internal travel advice? This is the right Forum!

Moderator: Moderator

stewarty
drunken lout

Postby stewarty » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:24 pm

theweeton wrote

smoking allowed in all areas

Thanks for that, i will definately avoid this hotel :)

each to thier own :)

stewarty

theweeton
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby theweeton » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:11 pm

Best to stay out of the chinky in loosdorf and the hotel wien as well. Forewarned is forearmed

nan2pop

Postby nan2pop » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:41 pm

Hi all thanks for the advice I heard from someone that the weather is due to change again on the 22nd Feb anyone heard this we are due to drive back then and don't want to get caught.

B52
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby B52 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:03 pm

Looks like they may be planning to reduce the Ruse bridge toll charge...

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=125501

k9uxl

hints on romanian route

Postby k9uxl » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:02 am

hi
all arrived in bg 5am yesterday 21/3 route from ostende to be all clear but cold no long delays but route detour in germany due to autobahn rebuild aprox 80klms from nurnberg route new by pass round sibiu now fully open snow lying last 100ks down towards pitetsi heavey fog on e81 to bucharest took 36 hours in loaded lwb van hope this helps some folk take care have a safe journy

bigal66
Super User!
Super User!

Postby bigal66 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:53 pm

hi k9uxl,did not know they where doing a by-pass sibiu...
where does it start finnish,as that will take a chunk off

how is the szgred/makro by-pass doing any ideas,if it is, i presume when turning left on the autoroute towards szgred you just carry straight on to the other side of mackro.

b52 good if toll charges drop,just do not like that area especially on romania side and passing through the gypsey village,are things ok totally on that side know or still problems occasionally.

germany autobahn,work seems forever,nightmare when pile up,especially when way back to ferries.

stewarty
drunken lout

Postby stewarty » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:54 pm

Hi all

Any updates on roadworks /delays etc especially between sezgred-rouse

stewarty

rodz
Super User!
Super User!

up to date hints hungary rumania

Postby rodz » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:35 am

I just travelled back the romainian route from the hook crossing into Bulgaria at Bechet. Travelled on Sat and Sun 26/27. Although there was a number of road works in Germany the roads were clear of traffic so there were no problems and was able to do 70 to 90 mph most of the time. Hungary roads are now good. The Romanian roads are also good except for about a 5 mile stretch where the large Dams are. I brought over a Landrover 1.8 freelander, cost of fuel 182 Euro, Vignettes 25.4 Euro, Port tax Rom and Bul total 15 Euro, Ferry Bechet Rom to Bul 26 Euro. I would recomend the route at weekends due to the low volume of traffic even in Rotterdam

shazzy

Postby shazzy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:21 pm

has anyone tried this new ferry from ziminicea romania to svishtov bulgaria does it make the journey shorter or quicker and is it easy to get to cheers.

Milka
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Milka » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:28 am

Hi Shazzy,

We planning on going via the Zimnicea - Svishtov ferry at the end of April and from what I've researched the route looks fairly straight-forward and ought to make the journey quicker.

The port's website reckons you save two hours driving by not having to head back towards Pitesti and Bucharest but having said that I think any saving is going to depend on reaching Zimnicea at the right time to catch the ferry. I e-mailed Svishtov a few days ago asking them about the cost of the ferry and it's as follows (I'm just listing the cars here though their list covers vans, busses, lorries of all sorts of seating/weights):

Car (up to 5 seats) 3 Euro
Car (4-7 seats) 4 Euro
Passengers 2 Euro

You can pay in euro, leva or lei.

They also sent me a schedule of the current crossing times and it looks as if the ferry runs four-hourly (I asked specifically about the 30th April so this might just be their weekend crossings):

Leaving Zimnicea

Coming back, leaving Svishtov

I'm looking into the route from Zimnicea to Giurgui because we don't fancy a four hour wait if we get there to find we've just missed it!

M

Return to “Getting to & travelling in Bulgaria”