Re-registering your company - important!

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

kazz
<b>Country Advisor/Property Finder</b>

Postby kazz » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:34 pm

cmcnab....do tell please. What wierd and wonderful stories have you heard?
If ever any thread could do with lightenening up with something wierd and wonderful it has to be this one. :lol:

Or maybe out of respect for those poor souls who have to wade through for information you could start a different (chit-chat?) thread.

PaulM
<b>Property Management/Sales</b>

Postby PaulM » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:22 pm

Hi Kazz,

Sorry, no weird and wonderful stories just a note of caution to all those UK owners who have not yet re-registered their companies at the Commercial Agency.

When compulsory re-registration came in it was with a time limit for doing it. The period was 3 years from the inception of the process.

All companies MUST be re-registered by 31 December 2010. Any companies not re-registered will all be deemed to be in liquidation and under the auspices of the Public Liquidator (the equivalent of our Official Receiver).

Any property belonging to such companies will be sold at public auction and the proceeds forfeited to the State.

Re-registration is a relatively simple process and can be done by appointing a lawyer in BG to be your Power of Attorney for that purpose and that purpose only. PoA's in favour of lawyers do NOT have to be signed in front of a Notary Public so that it, together with all the other documents you have to sign - many of which can be done in bilingually - can be done in the comfort ofyour own home without going to Bulgaria.

When we did our clients' re-registrations, we did them all together and there were certainly economies of scale. In any event the process was not expensive. No fees are charged by the Commercial Agency for the re-registration itself provided all the details are the same. There is a charge of 50 or 60 BGN (I cannot now remember which) for changing any details of the registration (e.g. shareholdings or registered office address).

Re-registration is also an excellent opportunity for reviewing your arrangements in Bulgaria generally - especially your registered office.

So far as concerns the "annual financial information" that has to be filed at the Commercial Agency, there is no move to have this requirement removed for private limited companies such as those used by foreigners as a property owning vehicle.

Originally, is these companies were going to be excluded but then they were deliberately brought in so that the provisions apply to all companies.

These "Annual Returns" - as we would call them - have to be filed by 31 March every year and there is a filing fee of 52 BGN. They are quite separate and apart from the annual Tax Declarations.

PaulM

ninanoo

Help needed *explanation* of proceedure re-registration

Postby ninanoo » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:33 pm

Hiya all

We completed forms A4(application for registration of the circumstances concerning a Limited Liability company) and r1 (application for a declaration of Acts)nearly 2 years ago, they were notarised and a friend acted as POA. I am still unable to find my company on brra.bg.
Should I have something which tells me my company has been re registered and are these the only forms for re registration?

I used my Bulstad number and also company name, no luck... company not recognised. Can anyone tell me why? Is there somewhere else I can check.
many thanks in advance

tigriff
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Don't use this British based company for your accounts!!!!!!

Postby tigriff » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:45 pm

I'm wondering if anybody can help with our company accounts problem - we have used the same british based company (run by Bulgarians) to do our accounts for the last three years but have now run into difficulties with them. They did our accounts last year but have not forwarded them to us despite numerous phone messages( left on their answer machine). I am unsure how to proceed this year as have no evidence of last years submission of accounts - fortunately I only sent photocopied documents to the company so still have originals, company stamp , bulstat card etc.
Am so fed up with this company and am considering taking them to small claims court as they also owe us money - we paid for company registration that they didnt do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Re: Help needed *explanation* of proceedure re-registration

Postby gimlet » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:15 pm

ninanoo wrote:Hiya all

We completed forms A4(application for registration of the circumstances concerning a Limited Liability company) and r1 (application for a declaration of Acts)nearly 2 years ago, they were notarised and a friend acted as POA. I am still unable to find my company on brra.bg.
Should I have something which tells me my company has been re registered and are these the only forms for re registration?

I used my Bulstad number and also company name, no luck... company not recognised. Can anyone tell me why? Is there somewhere else I can check.
many thanks in advance

I don't know much about this but I think there should have been a few more documents for re-registration than the two you mention. Maybe you know about those because they were the only ones you had to sign?

My company is not re-registered but my guess is that to find out about a registered company on the BRRA site you click on

Удостоверения за актуално състояние, вписвания, обявявания, преписи
Evidence of current status, entries, declarations, transcripts

and then stick in your

ЕИК (Единен идентификационен код)
which I think is more commonly known as the Bulstat number.

Then you key in the so-called Turing numbers to show you're not a robot and something might happen. I think there is probably a small fee.

But it sounds as if you have done that :cry:

If nothing comes up it would appear that your company has got lost. It may have ceased to exist so I suggest you need a lawyer's help if it had any property of value.

If anybody knows more about searching BRRA please enlighten us. It's meant to be a public register so it should be possible to search it without keying in a piece of data which you might not know, like the ЕИК.

There's also another site where the National Revenue Agency might be leaving messages for you. After 14 days if you don't contact them you could be shafted :oops:

Here it is

http://212.122.164.84/regIzdirvaniSearch/index.jsp

As far as I can gather they should only use this technique if they have made a trip or two to your address and failed to find you.

B52
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby B52 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:48 pm

Windows Live thinks that that last site may be phishing. Unfortunately, Google Translate, with its poor English, doesn't do anything to alleviate that fear ;)

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:57 pm

Windows Live - or Windows Explorer, B52?

I have no real need to go there but Firefox and my various other protection systems give no similar warnings if I try to..

You mean this site?

http://212.122.164.84/regIzdirvaniSearch/index.jsp

gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:13 pm

The BRRA website itself makes my settings go bananas because of its security certificate and it demands an exemption!

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:21 pm

gimlet wrote:The BRRA website itself makes my settings go bananas because of its security certificate and it demands an exemption!

Hardly 'bananas', gimlet.... I'm sure you are and have been quite sensible enough to follow the instructions through and get easy access to the site..

Let's not be too 'alarmist' :D I, for one, feel there is no absolutely no problem with this site.

gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:27 pm

It says "Get me out of here!" in big letters. But you're quite right, I ploughed on regardless :D

Return to “General Discussion”