RIP Gary Speed

A dedicated forum for your more 'personal' announcements.
Post any new born, birthday, marriage, obituary and related messages here.
booboo
Super User!
Super User!

RIP Gary Speed

Postby booboo » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:09 pm

I know we can't mourn every passing

But this guy was a special gentlemen. A true professional during the crazy money driven football times we live in. 42 years old.

Former manager of 'my' team and certainly looked to be turning Wales national side's fortunes around.

I read yesterday that on Saturday he was on football focus, and in great spirits. Talking about how his kids were coming on, and really enjoyed his time as a guest on the program. Even said he wanted to be back on as a guest before Christmas.

I guess the truth will come out, but if this was a suicide and was a plan already in his mind, he must truly have been in a dark place.

Thoughts go out to his family, and Gary you will be truly missed.

To link it to my bulgaria? Do we have to? we didnt with Winehouse (who also RIP of course) but he managed the team that recently beat Bulgaria in Sofia I believe.

RIP GS

Crawfie
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby Crawfie » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:38 pm

Yes, God Bless Gary Speed, could not believe it .

He was well missed when he left Sir Bobby and the Toon in 2004 and went to Bolton.
He was a gentleman on and off the field.

R.I.P. Garry Speed.

cmcnab
Super User!
Super User!
Location: Stenhousemuir,Scotland Omarchevo,Nova Zagora,Bulgaria

Postby cmcnab » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:45 pm

fair enough, he'll be missed in the world of football....
think his wife and family might've needed him more.
C

Spiralbg
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Spiralbg » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:53 pm

Yes, unfortunately wives and children across the world mourn the loss of their husbands and fathers, either from fighting wars or horrible diseases, but such is life.
Gary Speed was a massive figure in the world of football, and this is why we are paying our respects here, not because his wife misses him more, but because he was an icon, and a true gentleman at the same time.

RIP Gary, the football world is in shock, as I'm sure your family are too!

booboo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby booboo » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:23 pm

cmcnab wrote:fair enough, he'll be missed in the world of football....
think his wife and family might've needed him more.
C

He was well know because of his service to football, no one is suggesting it is because of possible future additions to football that he will be missed.

RIP Gary Speed

shebry
Super User!
Super User!

Postby shebry » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:47 pm

The Guardian
An inquest will open on Tuesday into the death of the Wales football manager Gary Speed at his home in Cheshire.

A spokeswoman for the coroner, Nicholas Rheinberg, confirmed her office had been informed of the death by police. The inquest will be opened at the coroner's court at Warrington town hall before a full hearing takes place at a later date.

Speed, 42, was found by his wife, Louise, in the garage of their home in the village of Huntington, near Chester, shortly after 7am on Sunday. Police said the death was not being treated as suspicious. The couple lived in Huntington with their two teenage sons, and Speed was said to have been a devoted family man.

MOD
<b>Be Generous & Give MOD a Home</b>

Postby MOD » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:26 pm

This topic is for paying respects. Discussion regarding the surroundings of the death have been move to here:

http://www.mybulgaria.info/modules.php? ... 27&start=0

Thanks. Mod 8)

Return to “Congratulations, Celebrations and Commiserations”