Bulsatcom.

Will it or won't it work in Bulgaria? Which is the best option?

Moderator: Moderator

merrylegs

Bulsatcom.

Postby merrylegs » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:52 pm

Our next project, when over in May, is to sort out some TV. We have 2 apartments, one in Vlas and one in Sozopol. Does anyone know where I would go to get a Bulsatcom system. Also, as I need it in 2 places, can I use just the one box and take it with me to both apartments. Is there any companys in the Vlas area who could sort out Bulsatcom for me.
Thanks, Merrylegs.

Fannyarbuckle

Postby Fannyarbuckle » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:21 pm

Hi Merrylegs,

For the un informed (like me) what is a bulsatcom

Regards FA

merrylegs

Postby merrylegs » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:56 pm

I also am not well up on these issues !! But from doing a forum search for satellite Tv, I gather from what others have said, that it is a sort of 'sky' set up company. Sorry not to be able to explain technically. Merrylegs

satellitemark
Super User!
Super User!

Postby satellitemark » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:26 pm

Hi Merrylegs

Try this link , the addresses are in bulgarian but you will be able to see the phone numbers of bulsat.com's agents offices in burgas.

http://bulsat.com/contacts.php#burgas

regards

mark

mickw
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mickw » Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:26 am

There are two companies providing sat tv, bulsatcom and itv partner,I have itv partner got a good selection of english channels. If there is a branch of "CONTRACT" electrical shop where you are they can arrange instalation of either system.

Mick W

merrylegs

Postby merrylegs » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:45 pm

Many thanks for your help and explanations. Merrylegs.

Chippy
<b>Building Services</b>

Postby Chippy » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:23 am

Hi

Just to update this thread I successfully had BulSatCom installed. I paid 180 levas for the system and have decided to pay a monthly fee of 16.80 levs ( in cash in office nor direct debit ) to get the premium channels. I went for the package which includes the English Premier League Games. BulSatCom have another package which, I think, costsa round 24 levss a mo nth which includes HBO. Every visit I can just pop into the new shop in Kavarna and get my card activated. There are lots of channels includimg National Geography, ViaHistory, Discovery, MTV, VH1, CNN and lots of sport.

New Kavarna office number is 0888 633 772. Near the Post Office and PostBank

They have packages which start at 9.80levs per month all the way to 24.80 per month

Hope this help others who are considering getting sattelite installed.

Chippy

satellitemark
Super User!
Super User!

BULSAT INSTALLED

Postby satellitemark » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:40 am

Hi all,

During my recent visit to bulgaria i bought a bulsat system & got it set up there ( at 20 lev / £7 ,it would cost me more in materials to do it myself !) I have brought it home & installed it here. So here is a quick report of my initial findings.

I have the brand new receiver which looks nice is silver in colour & is about the size of a filofax (remember them !) it is made in bulgaria by deltawave.

Importantly the menus can be changed to english to make it easier to use but the program information (epg / guide ) is mostly in bulgarian.

The subtitles in bulgarian that are on some english channels cannot be switched off, but they don't spoil the programs in my opinion.

Spare remotes are available from bulsat offices for 9 lev (i keep one in bg & one in the uk & just move the receiver back & forth)

The choice of english channels is larger & the quality of programs is better than Topup tv or basic sky packages in my opinion :D

The receiver is quite flexible & can be used in motorised & multi satellite setups.

overall im happy with the deal :) i got a lot more than i was expecting !

BBC PRIME is on the same satellite using the same type of encryption (scrambling system ) as bulsat but unfortunatly only a Athena sat system & card will open it ! I would suggest that any interested parties who want it added to the bulsat package send a email to bulsat

info@bulsat.com & to BBC PRIME via this contact form

http://www.bbcprime.com/TellUsYourViews ... rRelations

It would be very easy for them to do this with minimum cost & maximum added revenue for both parties.

If anyone has any questions about the bulsat system , i will be happy to answer them.

Regards,

Mark 8)
Last edited by satellitemark on Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bgdawe
<b>Language Tutor</b>

Postby bgdawe » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:48 am

can i have bulstatcom in th UK?can i use the sky dish we already have on the house?where do i find help for installation in UK? thanks very much.

satellitemark
Super User!
Super User!

Postby satellitemark » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:07 pm

bgdawe wrote:can i have bulsatcom in th UK?can i use the sky dish we already have on the house?where do i find help for installation in UK? thanks very much.

Hi bgdawe,

Yes it is possible , you cant use your existing sky dish you need a slightly larger one (60/75cm) The installer of the dish will have to be a proper sat engineer with the right sort of equipment etc (not a regular sky guy !) I may be able to help you with this the next time i visit my father who lives up your way ! (no visits planned at the mo !)

Regards,

Mark 8)

Return to “Computers/Internet Access/Mobiles/TV/Video”