Council Tax St Vlas

We don't like them but we gotta pay them! How does it work in Bulgaria?

Moderator: Moderator

Nessie
Super User!
Super User!

Council Tax St Vlas

Postby Nessie » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Hi

We seem to have not paid any council tax since we have had our apartment does anyone know roughly what this might be for a 60sq metre apartment in vlas .We have been told you can pay this in Vlas (but not sure where) and what are the penatlies for each year missed . as we dont want a shock when we go to pay it.

Anni
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Anni » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:46 pm

Nessie,

The municipality tax is based on the tax evaluation shown in your deeds and not the square metres.

As of December 2009, it was 0.8% of the tax evaluation for one year. It was less in previous years but can't lay my hands on the exact figure right now. It may have gone up in 2010.

I do not know how penalties are calculated.

But I suppose the easiest way of making sure you don't get a nasty shock is just to take a straight 1 % of the tax evaluation shown in your deeds and multiply that by however many years you have owned your apartment.

I think mine is paid in Nessebar but that may have changed.

dak

Postby dak » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:08 pm

Hi, our apartment is 82 square and we paid 153.20 lev this year. Don't know what charges for arrears are. The office to pay this is above the bank in the square in Vlas.

rock_roland
Super User!
Super User!

Postby rock_roland » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:46 pm

@ nessie: :cry: :cry:

We did so every year! The council tax differs from year to year.
At the average we paid 70 Levs each per year.
Ask Maria in the town hall, second floor, straight opposite the stairs. She is very friendly.

Roland

gordonroy43
Super User!
Super User!

PAYING COUNCIL TAX FROM UK

Postby gordonroy43 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:42 pm

Hi,

Can the payment of council tax in ST VLAS be made direct from the UK or not please, if so can this be done through a payment source like e-pay.

Thanks

scotchone
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Postby scotchone » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:06 pm

I just paid my council tax last week. Our apartment is 70sq/m and we paid 97 lev for the 2 of us. You only pay for the names on the deeds. If you take your Bulstat document and your Notary deed you will be sorted. Above the bank in St Vlas

gordonroy43
Super User!
Super User!

TAX PAYMENT

Postby gordonroy43 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:53 pm

Hi,

Guess nobody knows if they can take money direct from uk.

Our bill for this year was 57.

Think someone told me that you pay more if in more than one name, not sure.

ABCPropertySurveyors
<b>Transport Services</b>

Tax

Postby ABCPropertySurveyors » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:45 am

Work on 65-70 leva per year plus a small fine for late payment.Door to right of the bank in the square next to the post office.First floor and I think it's the second door on the left.She speaks a little english,well if she's there and not on holiday!

bobbyp

Postby bobbyp » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:16 pm

Oh dear! We've never paid ours. In fact, we wouldn't have known about it if a few other owners at our apartments weren't talking about it. I tried to pay in St Vlas in August but there was a note on the door saying it was not open until mid September. So we still haven't paid it.

Is it a problem that we haven't paid. How should I have known about it (if not from other owners). What happens if I don't pay it?

oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:51 am

Municipals are now acting on non payment of Municipal tax in Bulgaria, and after a number of years of non payment are making claim on your property. The fines are not that much per year for non payment, but your Municipal tax can be paid at the Municipal office in Nessebar which is open all year.

Return to “Taxes”