FITS in BG. Stop paying electric bills and get paid instead

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

FITS in BG. Stop paying electric bills and get paid instead

Postby brianj42 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:20 pm

FITS (Feed in Tariffs) is in BG and they are VERY VERY Lucrative rates.

http://www.solarfeedintariff.net/bulgaria.html

Basically, fit either a wind turbine or photovoltaic panels to your house. Pump the spare electric back to the BG suppliers. And claim your Feed in Tariffs back at a whopping 0.823st per unit. As you are paying 0.11st a unit thats some healthy profit.

The cool thing is that the tariff is a 25 year contract, which is a huge deal. The tariff is expected to decrease in March 2010 to 95% of the above figures.
It is unclear whether there is a market cap in place, or if there is some sort of invisible ceiling in place that prevents too many investors from swarming the market. But with rates like that, Bulgaria looks like a good bet on the surface.

In case you are sceptical about this. In the Uk consumers pay 9p a unit, but if they feed back the current FITS is 41p a unit.......

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
gimlet
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby gimlet » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:46 pm

In case you are sceptical about this. In the Uk consumers pay 9p a unit, but if they feed back the current FITS is 41p a unit.......

I think they've just chopped that in half the justification being that the installations have got cheaper.

The sweet thing about the UK deal is that you get paid for generating the stuff even if you use it yourself and don't feed any into the grid. I don't think you even need to connect to the grid if you can show that you are going to use the juice immediately or store it in batteries or some other way.

So save money by not having to buy so much electricity; get paid for generating your own electricity; use the electricity you have generated.

That is best for commercial premises that use most of their electricity during the day. That rules out most UK homes so the feed in tariff is important for them.

Still a field for obsessive geeks, though :wink: If you use an installer and enter into a 25 year lease you've probably screwed the value of your house.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
bigbulg
<b>Legal Services</b>

Re: FITS in BG. Stop paying electric bills and get paid inst

Postby bigbulg » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:00 am

brianj42 wrote:

The cool thing is that the tariff is a 25 year contract, which is a huge deal. The tariff is expected to decrease in March 2010 to 95% of the above figures.

March 2010 ??? Is that a typo, if so when is the correct year? I'm interested in this.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
B52
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby B52 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:21 am

Did you look at the link? The text is from there. Nothing to do with brianj42, unless they and the site owner are one and the same.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
bigbulg
<b>Legal Services</b>

Postby bigbulg » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:31 am

I have now, so it is a history lesson.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
seathrift
Super User!
Super User!

Postby seathrift » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:33 am

It all sounds too good to be true, but when you work out what you could have made with the capital cost of such an installation, if you had invested it in the money markets it does not sound so good. Even given the current state of the money markets. Then of course you have to live in the same house for many years to start making a profit. Neither wind generators or solar panels last forever, so replacement/serving costs need to be considered too. Siting of such an installation is vital. Solar panels require a south facing aspect and wind generators need an undisturbed air flow to be in mildly efficient. Wind generators are very noisy and you would not want one near your house.
I've not done the figures, but I certainly would not consider such an undertaking without very thorough research.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
silky4015

Postby silky4015 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:16 am

I applied for solar panels in the UK but was turn down because the chimney casts a shadow over the roof. I was told that this this cuts the electricity make down by about 40%. My friend across the road was lucky in that they had it fitted to their back roof. They pay no electricity bills and get a sum of money each quarter from the supplier.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:38 am

Gimlet. They have reduced it from 41p, but not much and certainly much more than the cost to the consumer. If you install a 5kW PV system in June 2010 you would receive 36.1p/kWhr for 25 years until June 2035. If you installed it in June 2012 you would receive 33p/kWhr until June 2037.

BigBulg. The article is from 2009 but the rate is for 25 years, well now 95% of the original 82st. The FITS is still open in BG so if you install today then the new rate 77st applies for 25 years from install.

B52, oh ye of little faith. The article is nothing to do with me, nor am I selling anything to do with the systems. I saw a post on BIB where someone was asking about installing them, and I investigated. I then thought it may be interesting to share such a revelation and let people know if they play this right there could be a way of beating the system.

Seathrift. 99.9999% of the population wouldn't dare dip a toe in the money markets, that is left to the elite and the gamblers of this world. The thing is, you don't have to live there to get the benefits. In France companies are renting barns off farmers and covering their roof's. As they don't have to be actually on a building you can buy yourself a nice plot of land in BG, stick them on the plot, retire to the South of France and get EON to send the cheque there every month.

"If" you can get the grants it halves the costs, and as Silky pointed out, Free electric and a cheque each quarter. So, the bigger the panels, the bigger the cheque.

PS: In the Uk, as long as the installation is primarily for your own use, but you happen to also sell a huge amount...It is TAX FREE (Don't know about Bulgaria)
Last edited by brianj42 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
qwerty
Super User!
Super User!

Postby qwerty » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:01 am

I appear to be in either your gambler or elite category Brian, and I quite often have a 5 to 10 year time horizon on most of my share investments, BUT I have to say why on Earth would a company buy electric for .77 and sell it at .11 its economic suicide, not a business model given to long term success.

There must be some pieces of the puzzle missing.......Anyway I have an enormously long South facing barn roof that I would happily nail some panels to if I was a believer.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
brianj42
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby brianj42 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:09 am

qwerty wrote:I appear to be in either your gambler or elite category Brian, and I quite often have a 5 to 10 year time horizon on most of my share investments, BUT I have to say why on Earth would a company buy electric for .77 and sell it at .11 its economic suicide, not a business model given to long term success.

There must be some pieces of the puzzle missing.......Anyway I have an enormously long South facing barn roof that I would happily nail some panels to if I was a believer.

The payments come from the electric company and the regulator who in turn get it from the government and EU subsidies. It's not financial suicide for the electric companies as they get it back, but its EU subsidies from the taxpayer......IMO there may coma a point, and I did read an article where one country is thinking of reducing it drastically, where too many people are on the bandwagon and they cap the installs...Like they did for free insulation ?

Its the EU attempt at promoting Green alternatives apparently.....

I thought it was too good to be true, but all these companies putting Panel farms up everywhere seem to be happy with the situation. French farmers are covering every spare bit of building with them at the moment.
If you can find the missing piece of the puzzle let me know, but everything I have read the only downside to all of this is the initiall setup costs and these reduce dramatically if you know where to look in China.

As Silky said
My friend across the road was lucky in that they had it fitted to their back roof. They pay no electricity bills and get a sum of money each quarter from the supplier.
Last edited by brianj42 on Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”