Barclays Refuses Leva Transfer

As it says - all of the financial stuff!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
AJ113
<b>Property Sales</B>

Barclays Refuses Leva Transfer

Postby AJ113 » Wed May 07, 2008 7:50 pm

I tried to transfer £400 to my Allianz Leva account, something I have done many times before. I recieved a call from my branch today telling me that Leva transfers were no longer operated, Sterling or Euros only. Apparently something to do with the Home Office?

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Cameo
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Cameo » Wed May 07, 2008 8:00 pm

Blimey, dont like the sounds of that. Im with Barclays too, but have only done euro transfers before. However when we move over there we had planned to have hubbies pension paid into Barclays and then transfered to levs. So that is obviously a bit of a problem now. Anyone else got any info on this it would be most helpful.
Thanks.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
starby
<b> Pool Supplier/Installer </b>

Postby starby » Wed May 07, 2008 8:15 pm

Hi there

We are with lloyds Tsb in UK and with Raifiesen here. We have a sterling and Leva account. We can transfer sterling into the sterling account, where it stays until we want to draw some and then we transfer into Leva account. If we draw Leva from this account we get a slightly higher exchange rate.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
tinkerbb2
Super User!
Super User!

nat west transfer

Postby tinkerbb2 » Wed May 07, 2008 9:31 pm

I went to my nat west to transfer money to B.G, they couldn't even tell me what the exchange rate for levs was, the manager just said they don't have that information so transferred it in sterling

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
seathrift
Super User!
Super User!

Postby seathrift » Wed May 07, 2008 10:02 pm

We run a sterling and a euro account in our BG bank. Transfers in either currency are then simple, though probably not the most cost effective way to do it. Banks and how they work are a complete mystery to me!

Return to “Banking/Currency/Insurance/Mortgages”