Paying Utility Bills

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

doberden
<b>Property Sales/Rental/Management</b>

Postby doberden » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:11 am

Hi Jimmy

I have a few apartments in vlas area and my electric is with evn and under 50 levs i have never been cut off in 4 years. Just paid a bill last week for last August 42.90levs, electric was still working. They fined me 1.24 levs for late payment, the parking for 10 mins cost me 2 levs LOL :lol: the above amount was for 1 months use with aircon and hot water, tv etc.

i also had an outstanding bill on another apartment of 3.84 leva from last September again a 1.24leva fine. But no disconnections, we asked evn and they said clearly under 50 leva they dont cut you off.

If your not sure how much you have used look it up on evn's website.

http://www.evn-ec.bg/bg/haushaltskunden ... scheck.asp

click on burgas and put your number in.

rubbertoe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby rubbertoe » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:08 am

Where is the EVN office that covers Sunny Beach ?

queserasera
Super User!
Super User!

Postby queserasera » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:15 am

Hi Jimmym,

I use Keith and Amanda (keiamand) who are well recommended on this forum for my bill payment service.

email: keiamand@yahoo.co.uk

I have also heard that EVN don't disconnect if debt under 50 levs, but as a previous poster has said it does happen.

I would hate to arrive there in June after being away for 9 months to find I had no electricty or water. If I were there all the time then of course there would be no problem sorting it out for myself. But as things are I'd rather pay a small fee (into an English bank account) and get both my utility and local tax/refuse charges paid for me.

Rubbertoe, The EVN office is in Pomerie

Q

Max3369

Electricity Bills

Postby Max3369 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:25 am

Hi I am new to this forum - only signed up today.
I have owned an apartment in Vlas since late 2007 and up until now have gone to Vlas post office with a red card to pay my electricity- which has worked until now. My sister is over in Vlas just now and I asked her to go in and pay the latest bill for me (about 2 weeks worth from the last 2 months) , but she was told the card was not recognised, so does this mean the red card only has a short life span? I am in email contact with someone at the power company in Plovdiv to try and set up internet payments from UK - but this might be costly (if transferring money costs double the payments) so not sure this is the most efficient way even it is the most effective. From the threads I have been looking at it seems setting up a direct debit with a bank in Nessebar principality and keeping topped up in that account is one of the most common solutions, however I was told by Homes in Bulgaria that d/d can only be set up 1 year at a time- so you have to keep renewing the d/d each year..is this correct. Anyway am looking for the simplest solution before I get cut off (happened 2 years ago before I got my red card) and don't want it to happen ever again. Would be grateful for any further discussion or advice on the matter.

owain
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby owain » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:45 am

Hi Max3369,
Welcome to MYBG :)
You can use epay.bg to pay your service bills https://www.epay.bg/en/
This can be paid using your U.K credit card.

I'm not sure what the red card is but your sister can pay your electric by giving the post office your name and address that your electric account is registered to.

Max3369

Postby Max3369 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:56 pm

Thanks for the info Owain- much appreciated. I am going to check those options out.

Max3369

Postby Max3369 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:48 pm

Sorry - just one final thing - i went into epay to lookaround, found the power company EVN I was looking for, opened it up and was faced with Bulgarian language only - with a German option. Any experience with working through this company in English on epay?

DANNIA
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby DANNIA » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:15 pm

Hi Max
The site Owain posted is great, once you have set it up and you will ned to be in Bulgaria to do this or your sister as the account on epay has to be registered with a BG bank account, its all quite tricky to set up, but basically, you register on the epay site, and then you will get a reference emailed to you, which you take to the bank where you want to set up payments from.

You put in your atm card and punch in the ref and it is then registered.
Keep the bank account topped up and then (if all registered with Epay correctly :) you will be notified that there is a bill waiting to be paid.
You go to epay online and pay it, it is that simple...once set up.

The red card just has the account number on it, but if you have an old bill about, you can use the ITN number (starting 292 though this could vary from region to region ) directly underneath your name/company name or the cl. number which is a 10 digit number starting 1001 (again this might be regional too)

You can also register with this EVN site to check if a bill is due but once your set up properly with Epay, you wont need this you will need your ITN for this though
http://www.evn-ec.bg/bg/haushaltskunden ... scheck.asp

I just checked my account on Epay and its in English mixed with BG cant see german, maybe try it in Google translate??

Good luck
Nikki

Max3369

Postby Max3369 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:21 pm

Thanks a million Nikki- all very good advice I will follow up with.

rgds
Max

owain
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby owain » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:19 pm

You can also use a U.K chipped credit card with this system now.
Here are the payment codes:
https://www.epay.bg/en/?ex=WE9mcLcd.yovLBjwZ
And here are the locations of the A.T.M's that are accepted including Sveti Vlas and Sunny Beach (Slanchev Brag):
https://www.epay.bg/en/?page=front&p=b-pay_atm_emv_en

Return to “General Discussion”