Why not eBay ?

Need advice from fellow purchasers or sellers? Ask the experts here and swap experiences.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:48 am

My advice is travel to Bulgaria. look around and buy. Buying though the internet is a VERY dodgy propostion - especially for someone who does not know the country. Comparing purchasing a property in Scotland to the same acrivity in Bulgaria will not bring you to Enlightenment. Very different !

Come to Bulgaria. Look around. then make a decision. Do you want to buy a photograph and a dream, or something that is real ?
Last edited by scot47 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Haggis

Postby Haggis » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:57 am

Haggis wrote:For this exercise lets assume we have visited BG and made our mind up this life is what we want.

We will be visiting shortly once we have found some digs to stay in while we are there

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
millomgirl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby millomgirl » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:05 am

Good advice as always, Scot47. You can pick up what look like decent houses on ebay, but you may well find that the area is not a good one, and you will not discover that until you go see for yourself. Good luck.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
carriemc
<b>Rental Agent</b>

Postby carriemc » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:07 am

If there are particular properties you are interested in, how about posting village names here and asking for views on the village/area?

Same goes for Ebay sellers.

There is a good chance that someone on here will have something useful to add to what you already know.

Good Luck
Caroline

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
spantrout
Super User!
Super User!

Postby spantrout » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:25 pm

with regards to buying off e-bay, a thought has just come to my mind, and a quite important one at that.

You are required by law to have a company in BG to buy houses which are situated on a plot of land. For apartments you are not.

So lets say you win an auction and pay the money, technically the property still does not belong to you (if you do not have a registered company and lawyer completing the deal for you), that to me seems like a very large risk to take given the amount of properties here in BG that have incomplete paperwork. A good lawyer would recommend not paying the 10% deposit (required to secure the property, if buying from within BG) until the paperwork has been thouroughly checked

E-bay may work for some, may not work for others. Buying a property is not like buying something cheap/second hand or junk that someone no longer has a need for

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
spantrout
Super User!
Super User!

Postby spantrout » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:25 pm

I never quite worked out how ppl complete house deals off of e-bay!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
steven1404

Postby steven1404 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:22 pm

i paid in full for both my propertys of ebay i then got on the plane with my agent stayed a few days went to the notary and got everything signed off and went back to the uk.

i am back over there in march to complete the second one but i am sure some people do have problems i also gave my agent power of orturny to buy land property etc in my name but they cant sell any off my property and they have my company stamp at there office.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
B52
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby B52 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:25 pm

Spantrout said….

Buying a property is not like buying something cheap/second hand or junk that someone no longer has a need for

On the contrary, that probably fits the description of a lot of Bulgarian houses quite neatly. Sounds like ebay is just the place for them.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
parkersd
Super User!
Super User!

Postby parkersd » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:55 pm

spantrout wrote:I never quite worked out how ppl complete house deals off of e-bay!

For the property we bought off Ebay before moving here we only paid a deposit of 500 pounds...then got a flight out here for 3 days in order to sort out the paperwork/POA before paying for the rest when we returned back to the UK once all the legal side was done..it's not actually that difficult.At the end of the day you're paying the same price,mostly less,for a house/home than a half decent car in England!
If the agent is anywhere near half decent he/she will allow extra time if needs be,but the answer really is that if you plan to buy a house to live in over here come and have a look...if it's for investment make sure your flight is booked before you start bidding,that way you can get out here in time to sort everything out
:D

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Blaiddog

Why not Ebay ?

Postby Blaiddog » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:57 pm

must admit when I joined the forum for information on house buying in Bg etc all the advice was to come over and stay and have a good look round which I do think is very sound advice indeed,however we found a nice house on Ebay which was in an area some people on here lived and said was a good area to live,the house had been owned by a Brit couple,mostly renovated and in great condition with fully working central heating,new boilers in bathroom/kitchin power and water in the outbuildings and barn/garage and fully furnished,I contacted the seller who had very good feedback on Ebay and asked if I bid could we pay after inspecting the house he agreed and sent a further 45 pictures of the house and area,we won the property and my partner flew out and spent 5 days in the area and was shown round Byala where the house is all the local areas and also as far away as VT,fell in love with the house and area and sorted out the tax,company formation,bank account and deeds with a solicitor as soon as this was done with the agent in BG i transfered the money in the uk to the seller,the agent for the company in Bg is keeping an eye on the place and mails every couple of weeks to say all is well so fingers crossed it seemed to work for us

Return to “Property Buying/Selling Advice”