Hosting british investors?!

A Forum aimed at individuals or companies who can give or need advice about doing business in Bulgaria and related information and news.

Moderator: Moderator

Steffe

Hosting british investors?!

Postby Steffe » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:31 am

Hi,

My husband and I are intrested in hosting english investors, but after looking on google I can't find any sites that let you apply. I know you have to fit their criteria and wondered if anyone know of any such companies/sites? We live on the Black Sea Coast, and are within easy reach of varna, Bourgas, Obzor, Byala, Sunny Beach etc.

Any help would be aprreciated, thanks guys! :D

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:03 am

Hi Steffe,

Maybe it's just because it's Monday morning but I'm afraid that I haven't really understood exactly what you are asking about here. For example, do you mean providing accommodation or web services....?

Perhaps (for the thickos like myself) you could give some further clarification or explanation? By putting "hosting British investors" into Google, I couldn't find any information, apart from your post here on MyBG.

owain
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby owain » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:48 am

I believe hosting investors is accomodating investors in an enviroment that can persuade any prospective investors to part with their money. Such as making sure that their visit is comfortable and relaxing, only showing the possitive side of the country and facilitating to their needs. Basically giving the prospective investor a 5* stay in the Country and making sure they don't drive through all the Gypsy villages :lol:

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:55 am

Thanks owain - If this is correct, then it sounds like just the sort of technique that Bulgaria needs to employ in order to further cement international relations. I look forward to seeing a feature on 'Watchdog' about it in a few years time. :lol: Perhaps they could call it "Intourist'?

There must be some positive aspect to it, but for the life of me I can't think of one just at the moment....

Perhaps Steffe can re-confirm for us that this interpretation is correct, so we can be sure there is no misunderstanding?

owain
<b>Property Sales</B>

Postby owain » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:02 am

Although it may be the other sort of hosting that is usually offered to English Investors after being dropped off at the 4/5* hotel...."Would you like some company tonight sir?" :lol: :lol:

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:09 am

owain wrote:Although it may be the other sort of hosting that is usually offered to English Investors after being dropped off at the 4/5* hotel...."Would you like some company tonight sir?" :lol: :lol:

Surely not, owain?!! From her mere 2 posts I can see immediately that Steffe is a very nice lady who will soon be along, I am sure, to confirm your latter suggestion as being totally incorrect... :lol:

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:16 am

English investors? What are these rare beasts?

mememe
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mememe » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:21 am

Let's wait for confirmation from Steffe, shall we guys?

Hoowster
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Hoowster » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:47 am

owain wrote:I believe hosting investors is accomodating investors in an enviroment that can persuade any prospective investors to part with their money. Such as making sure that their visit is comfortable and relaxing, only showing the possitive side of the country and facilitating to their needs. Basically giving the prospective investor a 5* stay in the Country and making sure they don't drive through all the Gypsy villages :lol:

Well you wouldnt get many takers for the opposite type of service would you....."Heres a nice hovel in a run down (mostly Roma) village in the middle of nowhere with crap-roads and no shops....You'll also spend a fortune renovating it only to find in 5 years time you hate it there....."

By the way did you enjoy staying in our "family Hotel" complete with chain mail U shaped mattress and damp walls? .....When you've worked out the aching back the firms Lada's waiting outside for your daily 150 mile round trip to semi deserted "quaint" Villages across Bulgaria.

Oh Wait.......some people do buy those dont they..... :lol:

8)

Oscar
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Oscar » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:05 am

owain wrote:I believe hosting investors is accomodating investors in an enviroment that can persuade any prospective investors to part with their money. Such as making sure that their visit is comfortable and relaxing, only showing the possitive side of the country and facilitating to their needs. Basically giving the prospective investor a 5* stay in the Country and making sure they don't drive through all the Gypsy villages :lol:

Pretty much the same that goes on everywhere in the world then when showing potential investors around. :roll:

Return to “Business Link”