Discharge of a fire arm in a public place

Whats it like? What to expect? How does it work? Questions and answers here about 'any' aspect of....'the good life'!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
kiboko
Super User!
Super User!

Discharge of a fire arm in a public place

Postby kiboko » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:42 pm

I understand that to discharge a fire arm within a municipal / village boundary or in any open or public place not specifically designated / licensed for the purpose is a criminal offence in Bulgaria; as it is in most of the civilised world.

Having searched the net I can find nothing in English about this.

Can anybody confirm or clarify my understanding and point to the relevant legislation?

Whilst I am naturally interested in what is "done" (lawfully or otherwise) I am particularly keen on knowing the actual law on this matter.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mickw
Super User!
Super User!

Postby mickw » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:35 am

Hi Kiboko,

I have bumped into this law myself.When my friend had one of his pigs shot, he visited the local policeman the night before. This was to inform him of the shooting, he told me it was not practible to shoot the animal on his own property, garden not big enough, so he always had them shot against a wall outside his gate.and for this he had to get permission as you say the discharge of a firearm in a public place is illegal. The policeman had checked to make sure the animal was shot against a solid backdrop, so in the case of a miss, the stray bullet would not be a danger, also that the guy doing the shooting was licenced to own and use a firearm. Further to this a neighbour shoots his animals in his own garden and doe's not have to go through this formality. The next time I see our local Bobby I will make a point of asking if he has the law written anywhere.

Mick

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
leedarkwood
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby leedarkwood » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:39 am

Rules for this don't apply on New Year's Eve, at least not in our village. Five shot shotguns being fired in main square.

Lee

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:42 am

I have seen quite a few people using guns on there property also in the village sorry dont know whether this is legal or not

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
SooToo

Postby SooToo » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:31 am

Does anyone know the best way to shoot a pig?

Edited so the whole thread makes a bit more sense
Last edited by SooToo on Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
millerman

Postby millerman » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:35 am

For anyone to shoot a pig up against a wall is asking for trouble,especially if it's a bullet gun.
At close range the bullet could go through the pigs head "depending on the angle " hit the wall and riochet to god knows where,very dangerous.
I have airguns which produce as much as 30 fpe which are very capable of killing a pig at close range if shot through the head "and not go straight through ",hence no danger to anyone,so why wouldn't you be able to shoot the pig on your own property.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
jinx57
<b>Property Finder</b>

Postby jinx57 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:15 am

guns on own property no problem - walk around the village with your gun - unless you are part of a hunting party on route to where ever your days 'sport' (hmm) is then yes you'll B in trouble

As Leedarkwood says - New Year's Eve seems to have another set of rules alltogether!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
F1BoyS

Postby F1BoyS » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:10 pm

Thanks for the edit soo, it now makes absolute sense.

I use dettol, it kills all known germs too.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
parkersd
Super User!
Super User!

Postby parkersd » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:38 pm

When our dog was shot 'accidentally' by 'hunters' in a field above our house last year 2 of the locals we spoke to said that we should have reported it to the police as no one is allowed to shoot a gun within 2 kilometres of the village!!!!!
Sorry, I don't know the 'actual' law, but that was what we were told...and these guys were not culling either!!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Hippyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Hippyboy » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:04 am

Imagine that doesn't cover air guns , as local lads have fired into my garden ; just for fun of course ! Tim .

Return to “Village Life - including Gardening, Agriculture, Flora and Fauna Advice”