Hi - Im a newbie - ready to swop UK 4 BG

If you are new to the My Bulgaria forums and want a softer introduction other than diving straight in, just say 'hi' here. Tell us a little about yourself or your interest in Bulgaria maybe? We were all 'new' once!

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
RosieB

Hi - Im a newbie - ready to swop UK 4 BG

Postby RosieB » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:28 am

:) We're in BG at the moment renting a house and have hired a car for 3 months. Third visit this year but this time we are having a proper look round on our own before we decide which area to relocate in. We love being here - looking forward to moving soon. Found lots of info on the forum which is very useful.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
johnnyrotten

Postby johnnyrotten » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:44 am

Welcome! I'm also new here to the forum!

Do not make the same mistake as many foreigners here and buy some overpriced junk in the middle of nowhere - no matter how much you love the look of it.
You must be near a big town simply because there you have airports, hospitals, schools, civilization. Like this you will have a better chance of keeping value and creating some business or work when need be.

If you are rich enough to live in the mountain, lucky for you!

Welcome to Bulgaria!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
RosieB

Newbies

Postby RosieB » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:05 am

Thanks - really good advice - hence this time why we are taking our time - the last 2 visits were short ones when we went out with property agents who did show us properties in villages that did not fit our criteria. One important lesson we have learnt since being here is not to be miles away from a town. I think if anyone can spend time renting for a while it gives you a really good insight into many aspects of Bulgaria before you buy. This time we are looking at the areas first and then when we have chosen the area we will see what property there is available.
Best wishes to you.
johnnyrotten wrote:Welcome! I'm also new here to the forum!

Do not make the same mistake as many foreigners here and buy some overpriced junk in the middle of nowhere - no matter how much you love the look of it.
You must be near a big town simply because there you have airports, hospitals, schools, civilization. Like this you will have a better chance of keeping value and creating some business or work when need be.

If you are rich enough to live in the mountain, lucky for you!

Welcome to Bulgaria!

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Re: Hi - Im a newbie - ready to swop UK 4 BG

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:05 am

RosieB wrote::) We're in BG at the moment renting a house and have hired a car for 3 months. Third visit this year but this time we are having a proper look round on our own before we decide which area to relocate in. We love being here - looking forward to moving soon. Found lots of info on the forum which is very useful.

I'm glad that you appear to being following the best advice through renting and taking your time to look around. It is also, in my opinion, a good time to see villages and potential houses in the cold and shorter days as summer can give a completely different picture.

Good luck, welcome and Happy New Year.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
RosieB

Re: Hi - Im a newbie - ready to swop UK 4 BG

Postby RosieB » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:11 am

Thanks - I quite agree - my view is if you like anywhere in the winter you are going to love it in the summer. We are really enjoying being here - obviously I am aware it can be a lot colder & snowy but hey- - if you have got your log fire to sit around - ne problem.

Happy New Year.

Moscow_Wolf wrote:
RosieB wrote::) We're in BG at the moment renting a house and have hired a car for 3 months. Third visit this year but this time we are having a proper look round on our own before we decide which area to relocate in. We love being here - looking forward to moving soon. Found lots of info on the forum which is very useful.

I'm glad that you appear to being following the best advice through renting and taking your time to look around. It is also, in my opinion, a good time to see villages and potential houses in the cold and shorter days as summer can give a completely different picture.

Good luck, welcome and Happy New Year.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
mickthemick

Postby mickthemick » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:29 pm

Good luck with your research. We were very much like you a year or so back. Took the plunge and haven't looked back. If you like Bulgaria in the winter you will love it in the summer so a good time to view. Make sure you have everything checked by someone other than the agent and you should be fine. Its a shame that you are only in Bulgaria for 3 months. If you could stay for another month then you would see BG in the spring.

Good luck

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
RosieB

Hi Im a Newbie

Postby RosieB » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:46 pm

Thanks very much

Glad to hear you are now settled well. Having previously rented a farm in the UK we are loving the wide open countryside (added bonus - hardly any traffic like the UK) and really looking forward to settling here. Who knows
we might start our own small beef herd here (thats one thing we've missed is being able to buy beef - we do like our steaks)

Happy new year!

mickthemick wrote:Good luck with your research. We were very much like you a year or so back. Took the plunge and haven't looked back. If you like Bulgaria in the winter you will love it in the summer so a good time to view. Make sure you have everything checked by someone other than the agent and you should be fine. Its a shame that you are only in Bulgaria for 3 months. If you could stay for another month then you would see BG in the spring.

Good luck

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
Moscow_Wolf
Mega User!
Mega User!

Re: Hi Im a Newbie

Postby Moscow_Wolf » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:30 pm

RosieB wrote:Thanks very much

Glad to hear you are now settled well. Having previously rented a farm in the UK we are loving the wide open countryside (added bonus - hardly any traffic like the UK) and really looking forward to settling here. Who knows
we might start our own small beef herd here (thats one thing we've missed is being able to buy beef - we do like our steaks)

Happy new year!

mickthemick wrote:Good luck with your research. We were very much like you a year or so back. Took the plunge and haven't looked back. If you like Bulgaria in the winter you will love it in the summer so a good time to view. Make sure you have everything checked by someone other than the agent and you should be fine. Its a shame that you are only in Bulgaria for 3 months. If you could stay for another month then you would see BG in the spring.

Good luck

Well, if you want first hand experience and knowledge of keeping a herd of beef cattle in Bulgaria then, MICKW (I think that is the correct nickname) is the person to talk to and he is not that far away from where you are either. Plus, although Bulgaria does appear to be a pork only country, you can buy beef if you know where, but that is another thread. :wink:

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
banshee
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby banshee » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:14 pm

Hi RosieB and welcome to the Forum

Banshee :D

Return to “NEWBIES - Say 'Hi' here!”