Residency

Look here to read or post general articles and links about Bulgaria from the press and to advise of pending relevant TV coverage.

Moderator: Moderator

truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Residency

Postby truckyboy » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:22 pm

Hi Folks, got a question..My 5 year residency term expires this year ( its my second one ) i am thinking of a permanent one now..or as my wife suggested a Citizenship.
Firstly would i gain anything by citizenship, or should i stay with the residency albeit a permanent.
What documents will i need, or will they have everything on file, i am thinking of: Passport,Birth cert, Marriage cert, Proof of Pension, DLA, Credit card statements, i know they love to know you are self supporting..any help is greatly appreciated..thank you.

johndoe3

Postby johndoe3 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:11 pm

there is advice on the link in "News from the British Embassy" post from KevinB
further down. SWMBO has to get re-registered this year.
I think you may need your European Health Card as well.
Keep us all posted and good luck.
8O :?

Mat
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby Mat » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:22 pm

I did mine a year or two ago and regaled the experience on here somewhere so if you search it may still exist. They'll give you a ten year residency this time and it was very easy - I needed the old card, a credit card and private health insurance (quite why the latter was needed I have no idea as I pay my stamp here). Citizenship needs a language test as I recall. The only advantage would be that you would remain an EU citizen when Brexit occurs. Oh and you could travel on an ID card rather than a passport.

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:17 am

there is a language test for citizenship. I have not seen the exam but believe it is produced by Kliment Ohridski University in Sofia. Written and spoken.

I never heard of anyone from UK or Ireland doing it or taking out citizenship.

truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

residency

Postby truckyboy » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:16 pm

Thank you all for the answers, i think i will just renew my card for a 10 year one, my wife who is bulgarian says i could become a citizen through her, but i would be foxed on the language test..unless she was sitting next to me. :D

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:30 pm

Citizenship could be handy if Barking Boris and IDS get their way and drag us out of the EU.

johndoe3

Postby johndoe3 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:42 am

Who is this "US?"

Heaven forbid that UK rejects the few crumbs recovered from the loaves of (financial) bread, which Mr. Cameron has been offered subject to scrutiny by his masters in Brussels.

:wink: :roll:

scot47
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby scot47 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:35 am

Look closer at the reality of power and you will see the real masters are in Washington.

MIK_bg
Super User!
Super User!

Postby MIK_bg » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:06 am

4 quadrillion derivates has been printed in.the City of London...government govern people, banks govern government..

Jusy yesterday the almost unnoticed news about goldman paying 8 billions for financial scam, which is like a pat to the shoulder since they have bankrupted institutions, municipalities, states , small fish banks and companies.

Return to “Media Coverage”