Bulgaria among fastest-growing EU tourist destinations

Look here to read or post general articles and links about Bulgaria from the press and to advise of pending relevant TV coverage.

Moderator: Moderator

Malarkey
Super User!
Super User!

Bulgaria among fastest-growing EU tourist destinations

Postby Malarkey » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:40 pm

Some good news.

"The data used for the European Travel Commission’s 2017 Travel and Trends Report cover the first four months of 2017."
Bulgaria is 6th out of 30 countries on the list.

"The number of German tourists visiting Bulgaria during the first four months of 2017 increased by an impressive 39 percent. This number was exceeded by Dutch tourists in Bulgaria. Their number increased by 70 percent, while that of British tourists grew by more than a quarter."

"Bulgaria is looking at a growth of 16.7 percent regarding international arrivals, from January through April of 2017. While skiing, mountain and city tourism is included, the summer season is not."

"The growth registered for Bulgaria substantially exceeds the tourism growth expected by Bulgaria’s government. The Ministry of Tourism is hoping for an increase of 9 percent for the entire year."

Lets hope the summer season does as well.

http://sofiaglobe.com/2017/07/07/bulgar ... tinations/
European Travel Commission’s 2017 Travel and Trends Report http://www.etc-corporate.org/?page=repo ... me=reports

banjo
Super User!
Super User!

Re: Bulgaria among fastest-growing EU tourist destinations

Postby banjo » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:38 pm

This is good news indeed, my last visit was June and Varna was very busy I noticed lots of Chinese this year, my daughter and friends will be in Varna August,I will be back in September. my wish would be that the Government focused more on the condition of roads. :D :D

oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:54 pm

Sunny Beach is not as busy as it usually is, mostly due to the fact that most hotels are now AI, which of cause means most people don't leave the hotel grounds. Flights are not coming in full at all from the UK, as prices will indicate, I have never seen prices so low, selling at the sales desk in Burgas airport yesterday 35euros Burgas to most airports in the UK. Lets wait and see what the end of the season tells us.

Malarkey
Super User!
Super User!

Postby Malarkey » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:38 am

Sorry to hear that oldtimer.
I hadn't realized that most of the hotels are now AI, a lot of local businesses must have taken a hit from this.
35 euros from Burgas to the UK!

Hope you are holding up.

truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby truckyboy » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:12 pm

That seems a great price at 35 euros bg to uk.if only that was the norm, we could book a one way to bg then a one way bg to gb..i can never find those cheap prices..this year i cancelled my drive across europe to bg, and booked a flight..i ended up at over £300 wizzair luton bourgas return..this didnt include luggage at £20 each way, and instead opted for the hand luggage..although technically you can only carry one case in the cabin, and i usually carry a bag with money and glasses etc, so if asked i will have to put it in the cabin bag..i did choose to book a seat @ £6 each way though..these air carriers are ripping us off with all of their add ons..luggage..reserve a seat, priority boarding etc and it all adds up, and with no guarantee of sitting with your loved one unless pre booked.

oldtimer
<b>Prop Management/Transport/Sales</b>

Postby oldtimer » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:33 pm

The fares are out there, but the problem is that you have to wait, and its a game do you wait and they go up or do you wait and they go down. My daughter has got an amazing price Luton to Burgas going out on 8th August 41 pound each and coming back on the 28th August (which is usually the most expensive dates as people going back for school etc) she got these for 91 pound each, she has never paid so little with Wizz air. This weekend Birmingham to Burgas 106 pound return. No flights are coming in full at the moment, yet Russian airlines from Moscow are using 747s and they are full.

Thanks Malarkey yes we are holding our own, but it appears that there are more Russian and British people who are dabbling in airport transfers and property management just for beer money. Tax has to be paid whether we like it or not, also are they legal NO. But that is another story.

Return to “Media Coverage”