travelling this year 2021

Discuss here anything that does not already have its own Forum.

Moderator: Moderator

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

travelling this year 2021

Postby truckyboy » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:41 pm

Hi Everyone, still hoping to travel to Bg ( pomorie ) this year and am thinking of an overland trip across Europe yet again..have done for the past 5 years.being an ex international truck driver I love travelling across Europe..BUt..what with covid, and restrictions, and BORIS..i am waiting for the ok to go. It seems that many countries want pre tests..or at least via our NHS app, that we have had both doses..which will avoid quarantine..but coming back to the UK involves 3 tests..and they don't want the NHS ones as far as I can make out..and the private ones ( ie BOOTS ) are at least £80..so may have to choose to fly this year which will be easier..but still needs a pre flight test with a neg result, will wait for further news.
Is anyone else thinking of doing the same.

Happy holidays Folks..and BTW..free beds and umbrellas this year..cant miss out on those..ha ha

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
farquie
Not 'so' Newbie!
Not 'so' Newbie!

Re: travelling this year 2021

Postby farquie » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:16 am

Looks like we won't be going anywhere anytime soon.Its all been a big scam to control people.Do this do that, then change it.Next a new variant, maybe the outer mongolian one that's killed no one.Getting sick of it.Meanwhile we own properties we cant visit.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
MIK_bg
Super User!
Super User!

Postby MIK_bg » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:25 am

Well at least now someone is figuring it out.
I've explained the whole things to many Britons back in February 2020 and on and nobody listened.

Whatever you want to do your time frame close at the end of August.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby truckyboy » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:23 pm

Its all looking good now.but..i am having to fly because some countries are not allowing access without quarantine..i have read some stories of people travelling without problems..but I don't want to get there and have to turn back..so..the entry requirements for Bulgaria are..a PCR negative test that costs around £100 ( its also used as a fit to fly, which most airlines want., but has to be done privately as no tests can be used via the NHS.
The second issue is..after the 19th we wont have to quarantine when we return from abroad to the UK..BUT..we will need another fit to fly test from BG ( £10 )..we also need a locator form prior to entry..proof of 2 pre booked PCR tests bought and paid for around (£200 ) so this year, we can go,and return, but its gonna be expensive..good luck everyone..btw, I hope to fly to Bourgas with Wizzair, and expect dearer flights, more expenses..and do wonder if its worth it..will await the new rules on the 19th..???

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
millomgirl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby millomgirl » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:15 pm

I am booked to fly from Doncaster to Bourgas with Wizz on 10th September. Have had the flights changed twice since I booked, so just hoping that this one will go ahead. Having had seven flights cancelled this year, I am getting a bit fed up with it all now.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby truckyboy » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:39 pm

Hi Millomgirl..sorry for the delay..i too had 2 flights cancelled by Jet2..and fully refunded in a short space of time. I rebooked to Sofia and caught the bus to Pomorie ( my home town ) very cheap too.
Hope you managed to get there and enjoyed your break much as I did..where in the country do you live ( just being nosey lol )
good luck and regards.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
millomgirl
Mega User!
Mega User!

Postby millomgirl » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:21 pm

Yes, I managed to get back for a week, at long last. I don't know about enjoying my break, as I found that my house had been broken into during my absence, and things stolen. First time in nearly twenty years that that had happened. I stayed in Bourgas for a few days and that was really nice. Beach and surrounding area were quiet, but very pleasant and lovely weather. I then travelled on to Veliko Turnovo by train, and stayed there for a few days while I renewed my residency. Really loved the train journey - beautiful countryside, and I met some nice people. My house is about 30k north of VT. The train was amazingly cheap - 14 lev single - and very comfortable.

Sell Overseas Property
Cash For Your Property
truckyboy
Super User!
Super User!

Postby truckyboy » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:14 pm

sorry for your break in..one of the reasons I bought an apartment for more security..i wanted a house originally but my wife ( being bulgarian ) convinced me..that's not to say apartments don't get broken into, but we are in a residential block..i have had fitted an extra front door ( metal ) and we have S.O.T. too..Pomorie is a wonderful town on the sea.take a peek next time..only 15 minutes from the airport by bus. I have read of other houses being broken into..one had just had delivered all new white goods..and then left them until the next visit..they went, along with doors and windows newly installed amongst other stuff..someone else had all the new roof tioles stolen..and another poor woman had all her locks changed, the thieves were still living there , using her own tools and stuff for pleasure..it took her 4 yrs to prove she was the owner and to get it back..
just a few words of warning. We have relatives from Velico turnovo a very nice town too..so glad you had a nice visit.

Return to “General Discussion”